
I am madly in love with my kids! You all know I'm by far not one of those rose colored glasses type moms. But really, they are Wonderful (and of course BEAUTIFUL)!! I came to this realization yesterday at the laundromat. I've started going to a newer, nicer one and happened to go on a discount day, so the place was PACKED. There were scruffy college guys and unruly children EVERYWHERE. Kids like babies, so any of them that could walk were ALL over us, spreading germs to Everett and wanting to take Chloe's toy stroller and baby doll. There was a little boy about Everett's age, but he was walking. He was unrelenting, taking Everett's pacifier and Chloe's toys. His mom tried to keep him off of us, but he wouldn't listen. She couldn't keep him busy enough. And the other moms just didn't even notice or care.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Count your blessings...
So I'm extremely grateful for my wonderful kids. It was insanely loud, so I would just say "psst!" and use some sort of sign language to talk to Chloe who was playing nicely a few feet away. And she would come and do what I asked. And she really helped me a lot with the laundry. Everett gets bored and grouchy sitting in the stroller for an hour and a half solid. He lets me know but doesn't pitch a fit or anything. We were all thrilled to leave by the end, but they were very obedient and good. We spoil them, but they deserve it!
But more than even my kids, I'm SO grateful for The Church which gives me many lifetimes of experience/council, wisdom and resources where I know that otherwise, I'd feel lost, frustrated, and frazzled like that other mom; well, I often still do, but not in general. We're certainly not without trials, but when I run into rough patches, I have lots of friends and family in the same boat that I can turn to, or I can always turn to prayer and the Ensign which gives parental council on virtually a monthly basis. We have to speak again Sunday. The topic is the quote "teach them correct principles and let them govern themselves." So I've been thinking and reading a lot about parental methods and whatnot. So I've been observing a lot and just SO grateful for where we are in our parenting. And don't mistake this for bragging. Because I'm not. We've been given a myriad of tools and some really great kids to work with. And I'm extremely grateful for that!
Posted by Carla at 10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah for a good mom moment! Love em. I'm with you on appreciating the gospel and the ease and peace it brings to our lives and our parenting. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment