Feel free to not read this!
We've started gearing up for Mexico, studying Spanish and whatnot. I'm really trying to not get overwhelmed. I have visions of learning to grocery shop and cook and getting sick... yikes. There's a lot that needs to be done between now and then too: get on medicaid, get the kid's shots updated, learn some Spanish (even just a few basics. It's hard because my mind automatically goes to French.) get plane tickets for hopefully not a horrific price...
So liked I've mentioned, the kids have been pretty bad lately. Horribly disobedient, loud, needy, annoying... even Chad wanted to run away by the end of yesterday. He said "at least I get to go back to work!" And that's BAD. Dana, you're right, it is largely our transient life, but I also think Chloe is terribly jealous of Everett now that he can really crawl and play. She has to share her toys and attention. And we expect more from her since she's older, and she seems to resent that too. Anyway, I don't know what changed, but half way through dinner, Chloe started whispering (we have a whisper at dinner rule now because they especially go nuts between 5 and 7pm) Everett calmed down, then we put him to bed, and enjoyed a wonderful evening outside with Chloe. We really enjoyed her, and it's been a long time since we've been able to. Chad and I have started taking walks together too, which is really nice. I hope things continue in this direction! We are trying to make the most of it, but this definitely seems to be a "learning" or "faith building" period in our life.
Church was really good. It took us an extra 40 min. to find it though, so we missed most of sacrament. It also seems to be more spread out than we're used to. But there were several really friendly ladies, some with young kids. So it was REally nice for me, and I think I'll really enjoy the ward. I felt a little rejuvenated, but still was thrilled to be rid of Everett at nap time. We all napped but got woken up by a couple that wanted to come look at the house. That's a nice little "perk" to having this place is having people wonder through on the weekends. It was uncomfortable for all involved. Geeze, I hate to be a downer, but like I said, I'd rather some negativity than to fall off the earth.
2 comments:
Hopefully things will improve before Mexico. When will you actually be moving there? You've got to love mooching off stray wireless.
OH my gosh it is all the moving around that is causing the kids to be insercure - that's how kids react when they moved around foster homes or divorce. Hang in there
Post a Comment