I guess about a year ago, a friend and I went in together to get a better deal on these mops. It was kind of an expensive venture, but we'd heard good things. There was a learning curve because it acts like a spongy squeegee. Well I have come to love the way this mop cleans! No more black socks right after mopping. No more left behind dust or hair. You don't even have to pre-sweep the bathroom. The only thing this mop doesn't pick up is food chunks. It also mops along the baseboards really well. So, now I'm attached. But this darn thing has been a thorn in my side! My friend's mop head ripped right off. I've found the sponge to be great, but the mop its self is very cheaply made. It had a collapsable handle that gave way really quickly. After some good pinches, I've put screw after screw in this thing to hold it together. It got bent on our last move and the screws gave way AGAIN. So, yesterday, I went to Lowes, invested in a saw and a dowel and for $7 (it would've been two if I had all of my belongings!) I have finally fixed my mop (I hope)!! What other mop in the world would be worth all of this?! I am VERY excited to have my mop back and once and for all FIXED.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
The Best of Mops/ The Worst of Mops
Posted by Carla at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was an awesome mop when it worked. I thought about the mop when I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floor. :( I even though of purchasing a replacing one - maybe the sponge will stay on for me (and no problems with the handle) The concept is awesome - execution not so much.
Do you know if you can purchase mop heads in stores?
I dunno. Brittany said there was a generic of sorts at Menards, but I haven't had to look yet.
Post a Comment