Everett and I are down to one nursing a day and seems to have accepted it for the most part. And he has finally learned to drink from a sippy cup.
He's learned to crawl up the stairs.
I only spent $5 at the launrdomat yesterday.
Chloe seems to understand the concept of "wasteful."
After scripture time, we explain in "Chloe terms" what happened. Now, she reminds us and says "What did Jesus say?" or "Daddy, can you talk to me about Jesus?" We've been able to introduce lots of gospel concepts this way, and she's eager to learn them.
I have a testimony of the spirit that Family Home Evening brings into our home. I realized last night, that's one thing we've been missing since we've moved here. It's still a new habit we're trying to form. It's hard for me because I am so very much not a teacher at heart (in fact, when I was pregnant with Everett, I had nightmares about starting from scratch on teaching family rules and stuff.) So I struggle to get inspired with ideas and whatnot. But I'm determined as I never had been in the past.
Chloe straps into her car seat by herself now. Ok, she's done it for a long time. But sometimes she'll even do it without me nagging her to do so. I tell her I shouldn't have to wait for her to do it; so sometimes she'll go "Mommy! You didn't have to wait on me!" She seems to be on the verge of giving up her desire to be needy and is getting back to being eager to learn and help. And I no longer take it for granted and really look for ways to let her help and to teach her.
She's starting to remember occasionally to put her chocolate milk back in the fridge when she's done with it.
Everett ate his veggies today!
Chad is finally prepared to ride his bike to work instead of waking us up to take him.
He ordered our internet and we should have it on Tuesday.
I'm starting to remember basic Spanish greetings instead of having the french ones push them out of my grasp.
I go walking occasionally now and feel like my efforts to exercise are actually making me stronger and I feel healthy.
Chloe is usually pretty cooperative for nap time instead of fighting it like she used to because we nap together. I LOVE it and always wanted to, but she used to always play too much for that.
Wow, those are a lot of small victories!! We're doing pretty well!
7 comments:
I was happy to read all your small victories! I am nowhere near one nursing a day... but I'm starting to think I'm ready to be done. If you can do it with all your transitions, perhaps I can be inspired to at least think about it!
C, why are you wanting to whin him? He isn't even a year old yet. I am glad you are having at least some small victories. Sometimes it helps to notice them in order to appreciate things around you. I don't know if that made since at all but it did in my head okay shutting up now.
PS. Is there any way you can change your font color. It is so strange against that green it is hard to read. Maybe its just me though.
I agree about the font color. As soon as we get our internet, I'll do something about it. I'm weaning E because he never wanted it anyway. I'd try to nurse him and he'd push away and play and stuff. It was maddening! It's like a security toy he just wants to place beside him just to know it's there. So we kept going back and forth until I finally said "I'm DONE!"
Yay for you! I'm happy to read about all your victories! Some days life is rough but then you have some days that are so great to make up for them. Glad you can be doing well right now!
Glad to read all about your victories! -
Even small victories can add up to a realization that you are very blessed. I am glad you are seeing that. Love you
Post a Comment