So we're finally pretty settled in. And by finally, I mean that I'm starting to feel comfortable in this house, despite its age and the bugs it lets in (We get several flies per day and several crickets and spiders... thankfully, it's been a long time since I've had to deal with bugs. I don't enjoy it.) So we are enjoying it here. Chloe often says "This is a GREAT house!!" Before leaving SLC, I told her we were going to our new house. She got all excited and said "can it be a pink house? Or purple? Purple's my FAVORITE color!!" So I'm glad she likes it. There's plenty of room to play, hard wood floors which of course make for some fun games, and a yard, and air conditioning.
Shopping here stinks. It's a really old city (and hasn't aged very gracefully) so we have to travel a bit to anything like a Target or Walmart. Anyway the biggest drawback to this house (besides the bathroom that reminds me a bit of the ones from Rock Eagle campgrounds - eugh) is no washer or dryer. So today was my first adventure at the laundromat. I did... alright.
We took Chad to work, came back to the house to pre-treat. An hour later, we were ready to go. Three hours, $17, a hungry screaming boy, three tired and grouchy family members, two squished fingers, tons of irritation, and a greasy mess later, we were ready to deliver Chad's clean white coat and then head home. Chloe loved putting the money in and helping by putting each piece of laundry in a separate washer or dryer. She played on every nasty surface available and Everett hated being in the stroller. At least there were no money - wasting fiascos like the last time I dealt with a money-taking machine. Hopefully next time I won't have so much laundry to do and we can walk there! Miraculously, we all got a really good, really long nap. Though things weren't much better after waking up. For the past two days Everett has driven me nuts yelling at me all day, so I'm still just that much closer to my boiling point. And Chloe can't do anything by herself and refuses to leave my side until I yell at her. She really seems to try to irritate me! Everett of course cries constantly! But on the up side, Chad helped me realize that they now have a play room (which is currently the only clean room in the house because they never go in there) and I can guilt-free gate them in there to learn how to entertain themselves. Also I've done lots of thrift store shopping and found some pretty green curtains, a cheap comfy chair, a toy rocking chair that Chloe loves, and best of all, a dumpy stroller that will work with my connectors so I have a double stroller option and we can FINALLY start walking again! That will do wonders for everyone's mood. The weather's been so nice here lately, and I can't wait. And the house is feeling a bit more like a home.
We really are having some fun here playing in the yard and whatnot. Chloe's been learning to ride a bike. She's so determined, but gets SO frustrated which leads to her needing MORE help. I'm glad she wants to learn so badly, but it's killing me to try and teacher. Chad does much better with her. Here are some pictures of some of the fun.
2 comments:
Carla, I know that moving around is hard on everyone. Just remember that when kids routines change they get clingy because you are their rock. You are mom and you never change. It looks like you guys are trying to enjoy things despite though. That picture of Chloe with the cardboard around her face I thought when you pulled away it was going to be a big daisy. With her face in the middle that would be so cute. Everett looks just like Chad in those pictures!!! I feel your pain when it comes to the laundromat. They are just gross places to go. The only one I have ever been to that was nice was in student housing at BYU. I would love to see pictures of the whole new house!!
Oh yes I remember the days I went to the laundromat - it was an all morning affair. I use to take the missionaries with me and they loved taking Dana to the grocery store with them while I watched all the laundry. - Of course that wouldn't happen today. Yeah the kids are feeling insecure and are clinging to you. Kids love routine and change throws them. I mean its not feeling like home to you yet either so that is a little unsettling for adult too.
Post a Comment