Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I Wanna Go to the Park!"

We've been going to the park after dinner ever night as motivation to help Chloe get her food eaten. She plays SO much at dinner time. She won't sit and eat unless she's ravenously hungry, and even then she won't half the time. She dances around and plays. Anyway, last night, Chad says "Ok, we're ready to go to the park, but you haven't finished your dinner. So I guess you'll have to stay here with Mamma. Bye!" She shoved a WHOLE plate full of meatloaf into her mouth and actually managed to swallow all of it!! I couldn't believe it. I'm sure you had to be there, but we could NOT help but laugh. She out-smarted her very smart daddy! It's good motivation, but still she doesn't get the point. She dances around and plays until it's time to go... I guess we really need to nix it one night so she'll get the point, but it breaks my heart how upset she gets. It's rare for her to be able to break my heart like that anymore. She LOVES going to the park!

Everett was so excited to just crawl in circles at the top of this slide. He gave me multiple heart attacks, but he couldn't have been happier!




3 comments:

Dana said...

How fun!! And I can actually picture her shoving a whole plate of food down just to go to the park. It must be a girl thing. I can't get Emma to eat to save my life. And I think the case might be the same with Eliza too.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

It is! Plus I think it's the age too. She soon will be to the point where she only wants chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. YUCK!`

Bond Bedlam said...

She will eat eventually - she's not going to starve - and its not worth the power strugle I don't think.