Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kids + Constantly Moving = CRAZY

You guys are so right!  All the moving is really making the kids go crazy.  Chloe has been an ANGEL since last post!  I don't know what changed, but after she came out of her room that night at dinner, she's just been WONDERFUL and I'm so excited to see her every minute that I get to.  Everett is still having a really hard time.  After nap time today, he cried for two hours straight.  I was trying to mop. So I set him up where he could see me, but he was still mad that I wasn't touching him.  After I lost my temper and took a time out, I realized he was just feeling really super insecure and just needs to know that I'm there for him.  I sure wish I could realize those things a little earlier in the situation!  Things are exponentially better.  I just really really need to keep in mind how hard it is on even a child as young as him and be a little more sensitive.  Speaking of which, Everett has been doing lots of fun stuff. I have about 4 video clips to upload once we get our own internet.  He looks like he's going to be walking before we leave here!  That's another part of his frustration:  I'll set him up in a given room, but when I leave it (even for a moment) he can't follow.  He can't play with and run after his sister either which really does seem to frustrate him.  We move to Mexico at the end of October.  I'm totally counting down to the half way mark until we move back to B-Town!  I am happy and enjoying the adventure.  Mom, you're right, I'll definitely look back with fond memories. But I so very much can't wait to get back to a familiar setting and friends!

1 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

I understand that you want to just stay in one place and spread your wings - But this will soon past!