WARNING: somewhat dismal post!
Despite Chad's time off this past week and all of the fun things we did, life has been pretty stressful. I won't go into all of it, but the least stressful and least personal of them being:
Chloe has really been acting out lately!! I've heard that 3 is worse than the terrible twos. I dunno how true that will prove, but lately, very! She has to do everything herself, which had been a good thing, but lately it stinks. She's gotten lots of time outs and pitched some MAJOR fits and peed on the floor at Wal-mart last night, etc. I'm just totally lost on her. Oh, and then there's her phobia of fans and curtains. I guess she had a dream that a monster choked her with her curtains, so when the fan blows them, she freaks! So, since we only have a window AC unit, she wakes up in puddles of sweat. Which brings me to our hydration issues. All of us have really struggled to drink enough water. It is really dry out here, which oddly enough doesn't seem to help with the heat index. OK I guess it does, just it's still REALLY hot. Now that I think about it, growing up in the sunny south was at least as bad, but we had really great AC there. I'm just grateful we can go swimming! Anyway, so she and Everett have had stomach aches due to the lack of water. And I've been loosing milk. Which brings me to the next issue: Everett's been not nursing well, which brings (again) the emotional issues of the possibility of him being done nursing, but mostly there's the issue of Mastitis - AGAIN. This is the THIRD time I've had it since Everett joined our family 9 months ago. Yesterday, I woke up vomiting, with a fever: of course the day that Chad had to go back to work, and I had to take Chloe to swim lessons, and I couldn't work out, which isn't much fun, but it's my most effective outlet. And again these are just the smallest of our stressors! And I know they're all intertwined and they feed off of each other (especially Chloe.)
Anyway, I hate to dump on the people that care enough to check my blog for updates on my life. But, that's what's been going on with us, and I'd rather have the occasional dismal post than to drop off the face of the earth. All things considered, I'm coping freakishly well!! In fact, I'm pretty happy. I'm really being blessed and see the Lord's hand helping me along with everything. Also one great thing about our nomadic/hyper speed lifestyle is that I really know in my heart that this won't last forever, which is a huge relief and a nice change. In fact things are already changing for the better. And Lydia just called me this morning; they're coming next week and we'll go to the optometric conference. I knew their visit was coming up, but I didn't realize how soon! That's great!
Oh, the indoor amusement park: it was fun. Chloe kept saying "this is so much fun!" But she didn't really seem to be having much fun until it was almost time to go. Again, she's been weird. But she did really enjoy it.
4 comments:
Hey Carla- Sorry about your cruddy week. It actually didn't bother me because I've been having a rough little while and know how it feels - not much going on but crap, and who wants to hear about that, right? We are doing pretty well; I'm just learning to cope with a certain stressor. Anyways - I really hope that things turn around for you!! You actually sound quite good, considering!
awe, i wanna hear. like i said, i'd rather a crappy post just to know what's going on than nothing at all. Thanks for empathizing though and good luck to you too.
Sorry about the lousy week you all have had - this too will pass
Sheesh, woman. That's all I can say. I'm so sad for you!! But I'm impressed that you can still feel happy. Way to look on the bright side. And you're right...it's not going to last forever!
Post a Comment