Everett has gotten really good at pulling up onto his feet and is getting more stable there.
We had a really good day today! Chloe did really super well in swim class today. I barely felt her weight at all as she tried to swim. She learned how to kick off of the wall (sort of :) and is getting more comfortable on her back (she practices in the bath and says "mommy!! I'm on my back! come look! (and I have to come from wherever I am in the house) It's a lot easier when your head can't sink beneath the water, but she sure loves to show off her skills.) Anyway, she listened and really tried to learn. Then she went on the slide a few times and off the big diving board several times all by herself! And I had to tear her away from the pool as usual. Her last class is tomorrow and hopefully we'll get to go as a family for more than just 30 min. on Friday.
Then we went to the park for lunch (which I'd skipped the past few times), and I got a little adult interaction. Then we came home and all took a nap. Chloe actually laid down and took a nap with me. I was shocked.
I woke up so excited about the wonderful nap-time, and we all had a nice evening. The kids played well together. Everett had a big dinner and had a blast in the bath. Chloe was having so much fun with him, she just had to join him in the bath (even though she'd already had hers and played for a long time.) They seriously had a blast. And Chloe actually didn't cause any problems for bedtime. Speaking of which, thanks guys for the advice. R, you gave me some good ideas. I guess we'll just have to keep working at it and hope she grows out of it one day. (The other night, she woke up at 2am and played and wondered the house for an hour!) And we seem to be making a little headway with the curtain phobia...at least we're all coping a little better now that we have a little more patience for it. Oh and she said a wonderful prayer tonight. I love to hear the times when she actually prays. For the longest time she would just say "Dear God, we love you. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" And she's been going through a phase where she doesn't want to pray at all. But tonight she talked about PaPa and GiGi coming and swim class and...all kinds of things. It was great! And Chad's got Friday off!
3 comments:
Carla, have you thought about taking the curtains down out of her room? If she is afraid of them then you can take them down and have the fan still going and everything is okay. If you think it isn't dark enough then put some tin foil up on the windows. I can understand her being scared. I use to see a skeleton in the closet when we lived in Elberton but it was actually just a robe. Poor girl.
Of course, but then the blinds move... there's just no getting around it. i mean, even if they're not moving, she says they are until the fan is gone. i can kind of understand it too; and i feel bad for her. it's just so... freakishly strong and beyond reason that it truly is a phobia. anyway, we only have to deal with the heat issue for less than a month. But who knows how long we'll have to deal with the grouchy effects of her fighting sleep. Probably until she moves out! But for now, we're trying to just leave the door open and put the baby gate up... so far that's... tolerable.
Hey Carla I just learn from Grandma Jantz that when she was little she sleep walked! Her mother caught her outside of the farm house (looking for the out-houe I think anyway when I was there she slept on the couch- one morning she had a food wrapper and she said well I guess I got up last night and got something to eat - that is when she told me about her sleep walking.
Post a Comment