Monday, July 28, 2008

"Mommy, I Need a Time Out."

So time outs in our house are extremely effective.  They're not just a punishment.  Sometimes I also say, "go to your room and take a little time out.  And when you're ready to make better choices, you may come out."  Just kind of a re-group.  Chad and I use them too.  When I'm just frazzled and grouchy, it helps me get a break, and Chloe knows to leave me alone (It's the ONLY time she EVER leaves me alone.  By the way, when do they stop needing you every second of every day?  Man, she needs friends!!)  Saturday, Chad put me in time out.   My hormones and all related chemicals have been CRAZY since Everett and I have started weaning a bit.  At least most of you women know what I mean, like this.  So I needed it.  Anyway, this morning Chloe wasn't terrible, but apparently she was pretty grouchy because she put herself in a time out, came back and was happier.  I couldn't believe it.  It was great!  And Very mature of her.  Speaking of which, she's still accident-free!

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Haha--loved that clip! I'm so feeling it these days...

Hope you're feeling back to yourself again soon!

Dana said...

OH my heavens girl that was just too funny. YOu aren't telling us that you are pregnant are you? Well I tell you what I think we have all felt like that. I remember one day at church we were given a cookie on the way out and I felt like if anyone got in my way of eating that cookie I would just have to kill them dead right there. I even snapped Tom's head off for trying to grab a bite.

Carla said...

haha, no I'm not pregnant, but i go just as crazy when i wean. (hot flashes, fatigue, etc. i even get a little sick.) renee, remember when i weaned chloe? we had a temple trip and i stormed out of the baptismal and over to the ward activity across the street and cried on renee's shoulder because i didn't get to do any ordinances. yikes! this clip is just the perfect explanation for how it feels sometimes.