Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Day

We figured while we were in Utah, we had to do something for Pioneer Day, since no one else celebrates it.  Chad had the day off, so we went to the "Days of '47" Parade.  We got to see the prophet!!  Just a few feet away.  I got chill bumps.  He was decked out with his cowboy hat and flannel, his wife beside him, surrounded by security in safari vests.  But of course, I forgot my camera!!  It was a pretty crazy parade.  Apparently people camp out to get the good spots.  


That night, we went to a carnival of sorts.  Chloe got to sit in a helicopter and then see it  take off.  She says she wants to ride in one now.  She got to meet an army man, slide on inflatable slides, meet a tree, get a balloon hat (it was supposed to be a princess hat, I dunno what the guy was thinking.) play in some sand, have an ID card made, and play on a fire truck.  Everett just put up with it all.  He got to play in the sand too though.  Otherwise, he just put up with it all.  It was a long exhausting day in the sun, but we had fun.  





3 comments:

Hope said...

How fun! I guess I can't picture our Prophet decked up in cowboy gear. Too bad you forgot the camera. Looks like you had a great time!

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Love the "Princess" hat. I would have had to pop that thing! HA!
Thats awsome seeing President Monson. He is such a cutie! I just love him.

Dana said...

That is so cool that you guys got to see the Prophet. What an awesome experience.