Tuesday, July 22, 2008

100% Boy!


So he's growing like a weed!!  And he eats like a pig!  Seriously, every time I pick him up after a meal, I swear he's heavier.  He's full of personality too.  Like diaper changes:  every time I get him stripped down, where does the hand go?  Of course, boys, right? But more than that, he tries to flip onto his hands and knees and run away.  He usually manages to evade me during the unwrapping of the new diaper.  Just when he manages to bolt safely out of reach, he turns back, bare booty and giggles at me!  That has to be a boy thing right? They love to be in their birthday suit! (sheesh, it's tough trying to use words that won't elicit any questionable google searches.)  

Anyway, he's rough too, which is both good and bad.  When he takes a fall, the tears don't last long.  In fact, he usually just looks confused for a minute.  He's pretty happy-go-lucky until he's hungry or tired.  He's got 7 teeth now and is only a little fussy when he starts to cut them.  I give him tylenol and poof, he's perfect.  Now for the bad side: he always has to be pushing on something when he's eating, either me, or the table.  Both habits are annoying.  In fact, I don't dare even try to cuddle him anymore when he nurses.  For a while, he would jam his thumb into my ribs and wiggle it.  So I relish the fleeting moments when he's sleepy and cuddly.  He gives good hugs when he's tired.  

He's a tornado.  I tell ya, he's already way more destructive than Chloe ('course that may also have to do with our lack of ability to child proof.  It's a lot harder with an older child and no furniture.)  He turned the images on the computer sideways (figure that one out?!) and broke the legs off of our box fan.  The other day, he ate a crayon.  I had blue spit strewn half way down the hall before I found it.  Part of his exploration of new things seems to be smacking them.  And he's a strong little booger!!  He loves the freedom of mobility though.  He's often to be found at the dishwasher or trying to get to the toilet to explore.  Oh, and he HAS to stand for bath time now (his newest and favorite skill) - makes rinsing his head difficult.  He is pretty good at entertaining himself though.

He's loud too.  When there's something he wants, he gets louder and louder until he gets it; sadly that might be a learned trait though...

I think we might be just about done nursing.  It's kind of been a long time coming.  He annoys me so much now with the summersaults and disinterest that I am ready, but I'm sad about it because he's growing up too fast.  I miss my little baby, especially since #3 won't be coming for hopefully about 2 years.

Anyway, he's a pudgy little whirlwind and a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

CUTE pictures! I wish I could see them and you! I miss you!

Dana said...

Okay you have what I would call a classic boy on your hands. He's a cutie. The bolting as soon as diaper is off is a kid thing. All of my kids did it. He sounds like fun though.

Jodie said...

He looks like a different kid! I wish we still lived near each other--your kids are hilarious and so darling!

Leighanna said...

So cute! Many of the things you describe I have dealt with!! LOL. We miss you guys! Too bad you don't live closer... William needs a buddy!

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Anna is doing the same thing! It is horrible trying to change her diaper. Whenever Erik is home, we fight over who has to do it. Trying to get all the poop off the butt before she excapes is sooooooo tiring! What do you think it would be like to have all three of them together....we would be sooooo tired HA HA HA!!!!! I sure do miss you. Love ya