Chad had a 5 day weekend! Can you believe that?! Wednesday and Thursday were cold and rainy and we just wasted the days away. Friday, we went to Ikea. Then, that evening, Chad and Chloe went to see "Kunfu Panda" while Everett and I went shopping. We had a lot of fun and Ikea made me really want a home! I got a new pillow. I hate shopping for stuff like that (i.e. couches, beds, etc) because you can NEVER tell until you've had it for a week weather or not it'll be comfy. I've been on the lookout for a LONG time and haven't been able to find a good one. The one I liked was of course like $50. Can you believe that?? Who knew that an "off the rack" pillow could be so danged expensive!! Oh well, maybe one day I'll have a good pillow. Chad and Chloe enjoyed their date, and we all had a fun day.
Saturday, we went to Wheeler Historic Farm. It was AWESOME! We all had so much fun! Even "doggie" loved it. It's just a farm, but to do it with a 2 year old was just awesome! Cheap too! We spent $2 for the pony ride and $.50 for duck food. I think her favorite was the goats. They're small enough to not be scarey, they loved eating from her and being patted. In the barn, there was a big dance floor and on the top level, there was just a little bitty museum type thing that just showed some of the tools used on a farm and things like that.
The picture of Chloe on the stairs was in this little two story tree house. You can see it in the background of me and her on the saddle. I could barely fit through the hole for the stairs.
The picture of the geese reminded me of my mom. She used to always say "follow me my little chikadees!" They all lined up and followed the papa goose out of the pond and along down the path to who knows where on the farm. We were really close as they went by!
Chloe found some eggs in a random wagon. She was so excited about her find, and I thought it was really pretty with the flower petals.
The sheep fought over the bread crumbs we found to feed to them. It was kind of fun to watch.
Chloe spent as much time searching for and collecting rocks, twiggs and leaves as she did feeding and petting the animals.
There were also, of course, bunnies, pigs, chickens, roosters, turkeys. We watched the roosters for a while. There was a baby rooster that had gotten out and was pestering a big rooster through the fence. He couldn't even crow properly.
Today was...interesting. We were assigned to talk, so all week I've been working on mine. And of course Chad started his last night and finished long before me. Anyway, I felt like mine was pretty good, long enough, etc. Well, we both woke up not feeling very well, sinuses and whatnot, but...well that's life. Not long before time to go though, Chloe and I were painting toes when she insisted she didn't need help. She opened the nail polish and got it in her eye! We rushed her into the shower and got some eyedrops in her and finished getting ready for church. Chad dropped me and Everett off and took her to the Dr. hoping he'd make it back in time to give his talk. He did. Between Sunday School and Sacrament, I went to change Everett's diaper, and didn't get into the Chapel until after they'd started, so I sheepishly went onto the stand with our children going a little crazy, Everett "singing" VERY loudly because he was tired, and Chloe, playing in the fold up chairs, showing her panties to all the world. Fun stuff. I gave my talk which aparently only ended up being about 10 min. (the longer of the two) and Chad gave his and we got out of sacrament about 20min. early! Sheesh...at least it's done. Oh and get the topic "ancient prophets and the great apostasy" HARD! But I think mine turned out OK. I didn't hear Chad's because I was dealing with the kids. At least we get 2 months off until we have to do it again :{
Sunday, June 8, 2008
What a Weekend!
Posted by Carla at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You know... I love the get out of sacrament early talks. They are always much better than the 15 minutes late ones.
Glad to hear that the farm was fun.
Post a Comment