Sunday, June 15, 2008

Motel 6 and Random Drama


The other day, I found these cool miniature foam letters that fit inside squares and become puzzle pieces. I'm sure you've all seen them if only at the doctor's office, except these are about 1 1/2" across. They have letters and numbers, so last night, Chloe and I were playing with them and spelling things when she found the # 6 and she said "Our Hotel!" When driving cross-country, we discovered the cleanliness vs. budgetary suitability that the Motel 6 offered. Having had some BAD experiences with hotels and deciding you generally get what you pay for, and yet not being able to afford anything decent, we took our chances with them and were pleasantly surprised. We stayed at a Motel 6 all three nights of our journey. The other day, when we went to the mall, we passed a Motel 6 and she said the same thing. Funny the little details kids pick up on!! They are now officially "our hotel."
And now for the Drama:
Ok, I typed out this whole big rant, but unfortunately, a blog is not the place to vent since it is public domain. The short story is, one of the other three people that committed to take over the year long lease that we signed on this apartment, has pulled out. The complex is being really good about it and will only make us pay the months in which the apartment is vacant instead of making us pay to break the lease. They seem to have a really good turnover rate, so we're optimisitic, but obviously that could potentially turn into a lot of money. So we'd like to enlist the prayers of all of you out there to ask that this all turns out well and that the apartment gets rented out soon after we leave.
Other Drama: I've lost my wedding rings. I misplace them frequently because I'm a crazy scatterbrain, but I've really done it this time. We've looked everywhere! I just hope they turn up before we move, because if not, they really are gone this time.

3 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Carla!!!!! I am sorry about your wedding ring. Erik lost his recently too. It is soooo sad when that happens. I am sure yours is more expensive than his, but it is what it represents not just about money. I will pray for you guys about the apartment, but also about the ring too. I think that is prayer worthy too!!!!
Is it your apartment there in SLC??? Write an email about it because I don't fully understand what the problem is. Why would you have to cover the SLC one? I could understand back at school...fill us in in an email.

Jodie said...

egads! I am so hating that for you--the apartment drama and the ring drama, sheesh!! Hope they both turn out in your favor!

Dana said...

Yeah I am with the zoo. I don't quite understand what you are meaning by apartment. Do you mean the SLC one? or the one you left? Send the email and do the rant. I want to hear about it and understand it. I am sorry about your rings. I wondered if that would happen one day. I know you had a habit of laying them down.