I forgot to post about last Thursday! We had a dinner out at a nice hotel. It was a kick-off dinner for that conference/expo he went to over the weekend. I got to meet a bunch of people he works with (his boss reminds me painfully of an old boss I had once! I'm sure he's a great and respectable guy, but it churns my stomach a little to be around him because of the old memories.) And we made connections. If we want to live in Spanish Fork, there's a practice for sale...though I don't think we do. Anyway, the gave door prizes, GOOD ones too!! I mean, like $250 WII gaming systems, an IPOD, a nice digital camera, $100 Visa gift card, etc. No wonder heathcare costs so much eh? Chad and I didn't get any of them, but Chloe won one of
the two prizes they had for kids, a $25 Blockbuster gift card. Pretty cool! All 3 of us picked out a new movie and we still have enough left for a rental. Chad had a wonderful time, learned a lot, and met a lot of people. Those of you that have been to an expo know what they're like; Chad came home with a bunch of stuff that the vendors were giving out at each of the booths: toys, pens, candy. And they'd had another set of door prizes. Chad actually won one of them this time and he gave it to me! It was a $50 Visa gift card and the freedom to splurge on anything I wanted judgement free "even a million cotton balls". We went to the mall yesterday for a new book. In one of the windows was the cutest dress ever, and it was modest! I decided to try it on, mostly just for fun. The one on the manican happened to be my size, one of two of that dress left in the store. I tried it on and Chad gave me a cute little smile and said it was cute. I quickly took it off, not wanting to fall in love with it because I can't spend that much on a dress, even if I have it to spend. We left and I couldn't stop thinking about or smiling about that dress, so I went back and got it. It was danged expensive, and I'll be a little over dressed for church, but it totally makes me giddy to think about my new dress.
the two prizes they had for kids, a $25 Blockbuster gift card. Pretty cool! All 3 of us picked out a new movie and we still have enough left for a rental. Chad had a wonderful time, learned a lot, and met a lot of people. Those of you that have been to an expo know what they're like; Chad came home with a bunch of stuff that the vendors were giving out at each of the booths: toys, pens, candy. And they'd had another set of door prizes. Chad actually won one of them this time and he gave it to me! It was a $50 Visa gift card and the freedom to splurge on anything I wanted judgement free "even a million cotton balls". We went to the mall yesterday for a new book. In one of the windows was the cutest dress ever, and it was modest! I decided to try it on, mostly just for fun. The one on the manican happened to be my size, one of two of that dress left in the store. I tried it on and Chad gave me a cute little smile and said it was cute. I quickly took it off, not wanting to fall in love with it because I can't spend that much on a dress, even if I have it to spend. We left and I couldn't stop thinking about or smiling about that dress, so I went back and got it. It was danged expensive, and I'll be a little over dressed for church, but it totally makes me giddy to think about my new dress.
5 comments:
SO CUTE! I love it and it looks great on you! And there's no use feeling guilty on the amount...it was worth it!
Fun times! It is absolutely adorable - just missing your cute smile in that picture!
The dress is so pretty. Nice purchase!
I'm glad such a fun thing made you happy. These are nice simple times. Live it up. Also I posted again on my blog and I had such a good time with ya'll in UTah.
OH my gosh you look like a doll!!! What a beautiful dress on you. And poooey on being over dressed for church. YOu look georgous!!!!!! I thought for a minute that it was another dress that you made.
Post a Comment