Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chloe+Tagged

I'm in need of some blogging material. You know it's bad when I answer a tag like this one. I'm in kind of a gloomy rut since Chad has gone back to work. I miss the company and the fun we had. So I'm not seeing a lot of blog-worthiness in my life.

Chloe and I did have fun today though at the park and working out. And tonight, as I was getting out of our joint shower, she said "mommy, what ya thinking about?" I was shocked at such a grown up question. I said "I'm thinking about getting dried and dressed. What about you?"
"Um...."
"Are you thinking about...splashing?"
"No"
"Swimming?"
"No..."
"...Horses!"
"Oh, Ok!" I've been trying to get a hold on how her mind works, I'm still very lost. But I thought that was a very abstract/adult conversation.

So 5 Things:

I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Graduating 8th grade?! Holy Cow!
2. Looking forward to becoming a miamaid
3. Nothing else because what do you do at that age?? Play video games, watch tv

On my to do list:
1. Mop
2. Sleep
3. Cut Chad's hair
4. Eat
5. Repair a book

Favorite snacks/foods:
1. Cookies!
2. Cookies and raisins (animal crackers that is, i used to put peanut butter on there too, but...sigh*)
3. milk
4. cookies and frosting (animal crackers that is)
5. cake

I would do if i were a billionair:
1. Pay off student loans
2. Buy a "tricked out" mom's dream minivan
3. fly home, a lot
4. vacation a lot
5. buy a practice (optometry that is) as well as some other sound investments such as a house

Bad habits:
1. all those cookies, and the milk, even though Everett's allergic
2. procrastinate cleaning, especially in an apartment that's nasty no matter what i do, and i'm still in the habit of leaving dishes sitting around because i would re-use them when i didn't have a dishwasher
3. doing stupid stuff
4. watching tv and letting chloe watch tv - too much that is
5. ok, yeah, i pick noses too. I'd much rather get it taken care of than to look at it or feel it bothering me. It's a nervous habit too. But mostly it's with the kids, I torture them with it b/c i don't wanna have to look at it...there are far nastier things moms have to do anyway.

4 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Too funny...I laughed about that!

KVB said...

I'm not sure how sound your home investment would be now, but I am with you on the nose thing. It bothers me to see it hanging there, I would rather get it out and go wash my hands instead of trying to find a tissue and get it that way (this is the dry stuff not the snotty stuff)

My Many Coloured Days said...

I figure we all pick our noses, just not everyone is "woman" or "man" enough to admit it! I think you and Chloe should bake some cookies!!! She is sounding very grown up.

Carla said...

haha, yeah, the house was really just a way to fit in another what to do with the money. and R that's what my sister said about picking noses. Chloe is Very grown up! We should bake cookies. That's a great idea!