Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OY!

So last night, Chad and I had our last date for probably a very long time. We went to a dinner held by VSP vision medical insurance. It was a little seminar promoting private practice optometry and providing options and resources for getting into it. It really is ideal if we can get hired as an associate and work up to partner and eventually owner. It was exciting to hear that there is help because it really is hard to get into. Dinner was...well, it kinda stunk but I didn't have to make it. It was really nice to just get dressed up and get out and socialize a little even though we didn't get to sit with any of the people that I'd already gotten to know out of his class. I'm really glad I went!
I've been stressing so much about rotations that I've purposely forgotten about where we'll be a year from now. But last night's seminar really hit home how...complicated that job search will be both now and years down the road (if there's ever a need for change.) Yikes!

Today was quite a mess. Chloe's had an infection of some sort that has made her not want to go to the bathroom unless she Absolutely has to. So we ran errands today and by the end, we were all just done. Everett was crying wanting to eat, I had 4 WIC orders to sign and then Chloe tells me she's wet. I barely noticed her, but a minute later, I see a puddle...Yikes! What a mess! So I got her into the bathroom and changed despite all of the old women gawking and touching my poor crying baby...Well, we got home and got fed and napped, but...eugh! I just don't know how to relax anymore. 14 days and counting!

3 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Carla, I feel for you. In fact I was shocked when you told us about these rotations. You of all people! I hope Chad is sensitive to you and Chloe. I don't know how to tell you to relax. But you know anytime you find a cheap ticket to my neck of the woods you are more than welcome! My advise would be to PRAY PRAY PRAY! But also try to take a deep breath and look at your surrounds, and live in the moment, not 2,3,6, 9 months from now. Enjoy your kids. I didn't do this when Erik was in trainning for 2 months and we were seperated. I lost valuable time with Gabe being a baby. I really can't remember a lot of those months because of it. So take one day at a time and just breath, take lots of pictures, and enjoy those beside you. SMILE, you WILL get through it and if you pay attention, can have great memories of these days!!!! I love you dearly!

Dana said...

That sounds like good advice from Allison. so dido's. Hey you might could try grapefruit seed extract for Chloe. It tastes like crap but you can put it in her juice and she can drink it up. It might help with her infection.

Bond Bedlam said...

Well - you are certainly exercising you faith in going on these rotations! I would have stayed behind and said - See ya in a year! HOWEVER - what an adventure and I think you will be gald you did it. so sorry about the bad day - I love You