Monday, April 7, 2008

Life Is Good!

Let me tell you why Life Is Good! Thursday, was a very very bad day because it had been a rough week. Also because Chad had a big test and I had to deal with the very expensive fact that my medicaid was cancelled, with no warning and through no fault of my own. (I'm very mad about it, but life goes on, thankfully.) But Thursday also led to some better days. I took the kids to the Dr. Everett has a bit of an ear infection and Chloe has had some chronic stomach aches and was poop-sick (hence the 3 yucky accidents.) But we figured out what was wrong and now things are Much better there.
Saturday, I joined in on a yard sale and managed to get rid of some of my junk. I feel so much lighter! I also got to take part in the"solemn assembly" and sustain our new prophet. I cooked a good dinner (a rarity and cause for celebration.) A friend delivered a plate full of a yummy yummy cake. Then, we had an impromptu play date. Hope brought Lillian over as the guys went to the priesthood session and ice cream party. Then she ended up staying too. So we hung out and it was SO much fun watching the girls play! They are so grown up in their little bodies and little voices. They've matured so much recently. They had a BLAST! They chased each other around and around for the longest time just squealing away. Those two have gotten even closer lately and they will Definitely miss each other next month! Chloe has also been playing much better by herself lately. She's not been as clingy either. Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day! We listened to conference while I cooked another yummy dinner. Then Chad and Chloe played outside IN SHORTS so I could really listen to the last session (the only one I got more than just pieces of.) It was so good of him to do that for me, and I loved it! And it put me in such a good mood because it made me realize just how much I have to be grateful for as a mom to my wonderful family. Then, last night, we had a new couple over for games - a friend of Chad's from school. They were fun and we may make it a more regular thing, especially when we come back next spring - since Jodie and Adrian will probably be gone by then. So that was fun.
Everett has exploded with personality these past few days. He's rolling all over the place talking like Crazy. He takes this bell and just sticks it in his mouth and goes on about his business like that's just where it belongs. That's what you're supposed to do with it.
We have a place to live in Utah and a storage unit - finally, and will start moving into it next weekend.
I only had to get up with Everett once at 6am and this morning, I woke up to another Beautiful day at 8:45! It's AMAZING the difference a good night's sleep makes and I can't tell you how long it's been since I've gotten one. AND Chloe kept her panties dry ALL night!!! I am SO immensely proud of her!! And we got to go to play group and play IN T-SHIRTS at the park. It's amazing the difference that some warmth and sunshine can make in a person's life. AND Chad was home pretty much all weekend!! AND he was all mine - no video games or studying. So yeah, Life Is Good!

4 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

I'm out of breath just reading this! So glad things are good. Good weekends breed good weeks. Hope yours continues to be so.

Dana said...

Man you sound like you are on a bit of an emotional high. I am still on this drag my butt out of bead so tired stage. Happy for you though.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Good for you Carla. Hope it stays great. The weather is on the up swing so that helps!!! I love being outside in the sunshine. It helps my moods.

Bond Bedlam said...

Glad things got better for you. Its getting warmer so I think that will help everyone's mood.