Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's Not All Bad

I know I've said it before, but Chloe really is the best big sister! Today at church, during exercise, I'd been carrying Everett, but put him down on a blanket with his pacifier and told him to go to sleep because I was tired of carrying him. He just kept fussing of course. So Chloe went over, knelt down, and sang "Twinkle Star" to him. Have I mentioned how much I love to hear her sing?! She loves to sing and I love to hear it! (The summer before she was born, I received the worst calling in the world - primary chorister. I cried every Saturday in preparation, but was told that through the calling, I would learn to love music and that love would bless my life and that of my children. SO TRUE!! And I am SO grateful for that blessing in my life. Music has diffused MANY tense situations for me and the kids.) When she finished her song, she patted his head, kissed him, and said goodnight. It was SO sweet!! Those moments are when it pays to be a mom! She loves to love on him, and gets SO excited when he's awake. She gives him toys and pacifiers when he's sad. She loves to help feed him and help him roll (which he is now doing proficiently all around the room.) But she's so obedient too. She isn't too rough with him and doesn't go in his room and wake him up anymore. She's awesome! I mean, yea, I know we are really hard on her a lot of times. Since becoming a mom, I've realized just how hard it must be for the oldest child. And, especially at stressful times like this, the draining clinginess makes it hard for me to see her good side. But I try to keep in mind that it is there, and when I do see it, I cherish it all the more. And I remember that, yes indeed, she really is a super awesome, sweet little girl that I tend to take for granted. And we did have a good day today. I got a ton of desperately needed cleaning done, and I really enjoyed having her by my side for all of it.

Oh hey! I just noticed the spell check icon. Woohoo! You people don't have to decipher my wretched spelling any more.

1 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

They are both adorable -