Friday, February 22, 2008

My Winter Blues

So I've noticed a lot of winter blues posts around here lately. Let me add my two cents. I am a Georgia girl. I actually do enjoy shoveling snow. But we've had so much ice! I have to shovel, salt, shovel, and it's iced over again in a couple of hours. So, I gingerly walk with a heavy carseat in one hand, a nervous toddler holding onto the other, and my diaper bag on my back. I've tried really hard to stive off the winter blues by going to Wonder Lab and exercising at the church, and it's gone really well. But now i'm just sick of looking at the inside of my house and the gym...oh, and dirty whiteness outside. I've decided to run a 5k in April. I'm really excited about that, but it has made me long for my cross-country days when I could just enjoy being outside running. I'm itching to start training for it a little. Plus we had that little teaser of beautiful weather a little while ago.
Life does seem to get really monotonous and boring around this time of year. We're home all day, so we trash the house, so I have to clean it...again. I'd love to sit at the park all day like we used to. And OH the Eczema!! But I think the worst part is, I have no distractions from the fact that we're moving in 2 months and counting. Really, it's largly a good thing, but I'm at a point now that if I pack any more stuff, we're going to have to really change our routines and how we live. No fun. I mean, I've already started losing everything - my mind included. Anyway, I hate complaining posts, but well...I noticed I'm kind of grouchy a lot lately, and this is partially a journal too and I would just love to be done with winter!

3 comments:

singin'mama said...

where are you guys moving to?

Dana said...

Welcome to the world of ALASKA!!!! They do make ice grippers that you might look at. They are things you put on your shoes to help you not fall. I got those finally when I was pregnant because I fell once while being pregnant and thought I would loose the baby. YOu just have to stay busy until you get someplace warm otherwise you will go crazy!!! or should I say crazier? as you say. Hang in there girl!!! Something also that might help is going to a tanning salon. It is the lack of light that can get to people that live in place that get snow.

Carla said...

Ah, i'm not that bad off. i'm just tired of the cold. We're starting chad's rotations. Look in my archives for a post with rotations sometime in Nov. or Dec. that'll explain it all.