So here's the famous, or should I say infamous dress that took me from my house, family, and computer for 2 weeks. It only cost me about $20 or less to make! How fabulous is that?! And I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. Despite what the front looks like, I was really pleased with how my hair turned out too.
So we took Chloe to play with Clark and Jodie who then came to our house and put her to bed. I had no worries because Chloe loves Jodie, and it was super sweet of them to A) babysit and B) bring her home for bedtime. Thank you guys so much!
Everett was a big hit! Ladies and fellas alike loved the "pimpin' " sweater vest combo and matching family. Here were the negatives of the night: I felt pretty awkward being modest and sober - odd right? It never used to bother me, but it's been more than 6 years since I was the only one in a room that was modest and sober. And it was nerve-racking for me to be in a room of several hundred people that I didn't know in a social situation. But that was all outweighed by the fabulous date. We sat with Chad's friend Kyle and his pregnant wife (yay! someone to be sober with!) They are really awesome people!! I love them! I only wish they didn't live in Indy so we could have them over for dinner. The dinner and drinks were fabulous! Not only did I not have to cook or clean up afterward, but it was good food - a rarity in our house these days. (I don't know why, but I have seriously been botching every meal lately. I guess because it's the least important thing on my mind these days. I couldn't care less.)
So we took Chloe to play with Clark and Jodie who then came to our house and put her to bed. I had no worries because Chloe loves Jodie, and it was super sweet of them to A) babysit and B) bring her home for bedtime. Thank you guys so much!
Everett was a big hit! Ladies and fellas alike loved the "pimpin' " sweater vest combo and matching family. Here were the negatives of the night: I felt pretty awkward being modest and sober - odd right? It never used to bother me, but it's been more than 6 years since I was the only one in a room that was modest and sober. And it was nerve-racking for me to be in a room of several hundred people that I didn't know in a social situation. But that was all outweighed by the fabulous date. We sat with Chad's friend Kyle and his pregnant wife (yay! someone to be sober with!) They are really awesome people!! I love them! I only wish they didn't live in Indy so we could have them over for dinner. The dinner and drinks were fabulous! Not only did I not have to cook or clean up afterward, but it was good food - a rarity in our house these days. (I don't know why, but I have seriously been botching every meal lately. I guess because it's the least important thing on my mind these days. I couldn't care less.) I felt badly for Everett. He was passed from person to person to person, and was exhausted and hungry, and surely on overload as well. But he did so great! The whole night, everyone kept saying how great he was. And it's true. My love for him grew because he is just such a fabulous little boy with an amazing amount of patience and personality - it's always the case, but it was magnified at the ball. And Chad. Oh it was so nice to be in his arms and dance with him and talk with him and get dressed up with him and...just be together. I don't know how long it's been since we've had a real date. It had to be just before Everett was born...no maybe Christmas. Anyway, it was a huge treat to be able to reconnect, such that I haven't felt in a very long time. So yay for the Eye Ball. We're so glad we finally decided to go!
PS) The music, what a laugh! I was both too old and too young at the same time. Haha, Chad and I are both "out of touch" with what's current. And I am too young to be able to belt out the lyrics to Journey like the rest of them. I guess it's official, I'm a fuddy duddy. Who knew it could happen at my age?! Oh well : )

6 comments:
Aww, you look beautiful! Glad you had such a great night.
Carla- I am so envious of your craftiness!!! You are not only so creative, but it is always so well done and never cheesy! You dress is darling! One of these days I will have to actually buy a sewing maching and see if I am as uncreative and uncoordinated with my hands as I think I am!!! :o)
you are such a doll! I am glad I finally got to see the famous dress. I love it. I am glad you had fun.
OH my heavens girl. That dress is just beautiful. You did such a good job on it. I feel as if I am never motivated enough to do stuff like that but the end result is just gorgeous.As far as the party goes get use to it girl. #1 it is a wonderful excuse to get all dressed up and have fun but #2 you have to deal with all the people dancing drunk. Here that is all they can think about is their liquor. Kenai people could drink but were cautious about it. But I am glad that you had a good time.
Nice job on the dress. I am totally impressed and wish I could be even half as talented on the sewing machine. You look great and what a cute family. I love Everett's outfit.
OH you look beautiful - I have such a talented daughter. I am so.. proud of you all what a perious family. I am glad you all had fun.
Post a Comment