Friday, February 8, 2008

My Blanket Buddies

This is Chloe's most special blanket (of the four.) She shares it with Everett often, which I think is just Super sweet. She is such a good big sister! Yesterday, coming home from the grocery store, Everett was crying. She kept saying "I know Everett. It's ok. We're on our way home. Almost there. It's ok." This is not uncommon. She brings him toys when he's sad and is always Very eager to see him when he wakes up. She often can't resist helping to speed the process along:) She's Very protective of him when other kids come near. She gets so excited when he smiles at her. And he loves to smile at her. He is extremely patient with getting fallen on and that sort of thing. They are so very sweet to watch and bring so much joy to my life.

5 comments:

Hope said...

Chloe is such a great big sister! So sweet.

Dana said...

Carla, I can't believe how much he looks like Josh!!!! That is one of my most favorite things with kids especially when they are young they show it much more often.

Net said...

The last time we went to the doctor for Sarah she was asking how the boys treat her. Then she said "There is no substitue for siblings in a family." I loved that. I was so glad that my kids have siblings to play with and love and take care of. There really is nothing else quite like having brothers and sisters. I am glad your two are so good for each other.

Anonymous said...

Joseph and Emeline have that kind of relationship too. It's amazing the kind of joy it brings to me as their mother to watch them interact. I often think that they must have loved each other in the premortal world and are just so happy to be together again!

Bond Bedlam said...

they are darling - yeah that's what is special about families - they can say or do whatever but no body else can or the claws come out.