Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fun Weekend, ETC

Ok, I'm late getting this out. I've been giving my poor hands a rest from all the other blogging. But we really had a fun weekend and a few other things to blog about.


Love this picture. Chad never lets me take his pic. (Actually he's very supportive of my once a year family shot... I'm grateful for that.) I loved watching them snuggle.
For date night we went out to dinner with a bunch of people from work. They were getting to know a couple that just got hired I guess. It was fun, and YUMMY. The next night we went to a work night at the local baseball game.
Yeah, they're about as minor league as they sound. But it was fun. Everett got used to the big characters at Disney. He went up to her like, "yeah, I know the drill." Gave her the biggest, cutest hug...
... and quickly walked away with a big grin.
They loved all the popcorn, sodas, and candy.
I don't know why they were giving these cups out, but finally being over 21 has gotten me something other than a useless neon wristband!
It was fun to go out as a family. We don't do it often at all. Most times the kids are at the babysitter's when we get a chance to do something like this. It was a fun weekend.

Everett's been potty training. He's awesome! No real accidents yesterday. A couple of times he didn't quite make it and had a little mess, but it was so little it doesn't count. Plus he still told me he had to go, and he got there. As long as I'm asking often, he tells me when he has to go. This is him telling me not to take his picture. Hehe. He was just so cute with his hat on, on the potty... too bad son. He got this hat at the game. Chad's work gave them to everyone to help advertise. The kids seemed to like wearing the same thing as mommy and daddy.
This boy's such a mess! He's been quite "two" lately. Such a punk. Anyway, I went to my bathroom and found the sink overflowing all over the floor and counter (this was after I drained it a bit.) I don't know why he doesn't realize he needs to STOP the water. He does this when he's getting water in a cup to drink too.In other news: Chloe came home the other day saying her best friend Miss S didn't want to be her best friend anymore... actually I didn't find out about this until a day or two later. She seemed OK, she seemed to take it in stride. I asked Chloe if she still wanted to have Miss S over to play. She did, so Miss S came yesterday. They all played together, though Miss S seemed to want to play by herself a lot, kind of avoiding Chloe and Everett a bit. (I hoped they wouldn't notice. Everett was oblivious. But that was stupid thinking, because Chloe is pretty good at reading people.) At lunch time Chloe came up to me sad and said, "I don't think she wants to play with me anymore." When I asked why she said, "because she doesn't want to be my best friend anymore." I asked Miss S if she said that. She did. I asked why, she said, "I don't know" and didn't want to talk about it. I told them to talk about it and work it out, but she was unwilling. We sat down to lunch and Chloe started crying. I wanted to cry. I tried to console her, comfort her. And I told Miss S she really hurt Chloe's feelings. She said, "oh sorry" but didn't seem to care much. I'm not trying to talk bad about Miss S or gossip. I didn't even tell her mom (don't know if she reads this) because I think this is unlike her and she's maybe having a hard time b/c she's about to move. I'm just saying, what else could I have done? I don't think I could've handled it better or taught her to handle it better... definitely asking parental advice here. The whole thing just makes me so sad! I hate seeing my sweet little girl not be treated with the same kindness. I know this won't be the last time a friend or peer will hurt her either. It happens. But it sucks!

Everett kept taking her toys. It wasn't ok. And I put him in time out every time. But honestly, I'm a little glad his willing to do it. Like we've watched him in nursery and he doesn't just cry or let people take his toys, he takes it back. How do you teach a child to be kind, but not a doormat...

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

That story with Chloe made me so sad! Don't you just wish you could protect your kids from other kids who chose to be mean?

Tara Priddis said...

If it makes her feel better Zona yesterday came up to me and said he missed his best friend and I said which best friend? He said Chloe. I thought it was so cute.