Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

So after getting NO sleep, I stayed behind to catch up while the others went to the Magic Kingdom. That didn't go swimmingly either, so by 11:00, I decided I'd have to force myself up and out in order to get some lunch. It killed me that I wasn't enjoying the vacation with my family. I took a wrong turn though and ended up giving the folks on Splash Mt. a nice vomit view. Finally, I found them, we had lunch, I took it slow. We went on the Winnie the Pooh storybook ride.
We watched the "Mickey's Philharmagic" 3D show, pretty cool. We rode Peter Pan, another storybook ride. (We did lots of those. The lines were short and they're fun, good for little ones. Peter Pan was cool though b/c you fly over the scenes in a boat.) After that, we sat to watch the parade. It was fun. I was SO happy to just be able to be there with the family. In the corner, you can almost see Chloe waving in the blue shirt, covered by the other girl. She got into it and tried to shake hands with characters, the whole nine... it was fun, and I'm really glad I got to be there for it.
Then we sat here and had some ice cream for a much needed break. It was overcast most of the week. It threatened or rained each afternoon and cancelled or postponed parades and lots of rides.
Then we rode "It's a Small World" another story book type thing except it just shows puppets singing and dancing from around the world.
And of course tried to pull the Sword from the Stone.
We spent some time at Minnie's house. The kitchen was fun. The microwave popped popcorn and the stove shook the utensils hanging above it. In her hobby room, there was sewing, pottery, and a "painting" of her as Norman Rockwell's "Self-Portrait." Very cute.
This is in the back of the castle. I don't know if you can tour it. I wanted to, but we didn't. There were 4ish of these amazing mosaics showing a couple of princess stories.
We spent some time in this shop where Everett ended up in a "Character Parade." They came out and let the kids choose some costume items (love his choices!) then they marched around the store singing and dancing. So much fun. Everett loved it and did great. BTW this boy loves singing. It's usually church songs, often even ones he's learned only at church. He kinda got into Buzz Lightyear on the trip too. I think we'll have to take a date to see Toy Story 3 sometime soon.
Also at this store they had character meetings. You could choose the princess line or fairy line. Chloe chose to meet the fairies. We waited forever. The line moved slowly, but it was in the ac, and we sat on the floor. So it's all good. The kids busied themselves by being monkeys and licking the poles.
Finally, we got to go back and meet the fairies. They told us a tale about how as we walk through the hall, we're going to shrink to the size of a fairy. So this is in Pixie Hollow where we were magically very small.
The fairies were so sweet and good with the kids. And again, I think Everett enjoyed it every bit as much as Chloe did. Chloe's seen Tinkerbell's movie a few times, but hers is the only name we could remember.
I missed the picture of Chloe giving her a hug. So cute!!
Then we rode a train for Everett. It was more of a transportation ride than a leisurely ride - not much fun to see, but oh well.
And we played at Donald's boat.
They loved it. It was so fun to watch them play on the sprayground.
It had been a long day, but I wanted to stop and watch the "Electrical Parade." So we got some "dinner" and sat. It was cool enough, but it was a long day. We were pooped.

3 comments:

Dana said...

There is just soo much fun to be had. I would love to take the kids. They would have a blast. What was the dinner in quotes for. I wasn't sure about that.

Dana said...

OH by the way I am waiting every day for your new posts. I enjoy them sooo much !!!

Carla said...

dinner's in quotes b/c it was a sorry excuse for a dinner, nachos and corn dog bites.