We read scriptures every night as a family. And the kids occasionally listen. The other night Chloe "wrote" scriptures and had me staple them into a book. She had me do it 3 times before it was the way she wanted. It took some patience, but I'm so glad I managed to find some.


She read them to us during our nightly reading. She started out saying, "yea, neither Jesus or his people..." I think "neither" must be a big word. Hehe. That's when I grabbed my camera. It's really hard to hear, but she talked about how Jesus left his body on the earth in the tomb, died for us. And we came to earth and have bodies and his people are "good guys." It's the sweetest/cutest thing ever!
I love it because some of our work has actually paid off! She gets some of what we've tried to teach her! I thought she was done reading, but here's our routine after we read scriptures.
Everett always says he heard "behold" and Chloe might be able to tell us a word or two of what she heard. They usually earn one or two songs.
Today Chloe decided she wanted to take her scriptures to church. On the way to church, she decided she wanted to bear her testimony. Once a month the members of the congregation, as moved upon by the Spirit, have an opportunity to speak briefly about how the Spirit has born witness to them about gospel principles. And today just so happened to be the day. So she bore her testimony for the first time. She tried about a year ago, and I was dumb enough to let her. We hadn't talked about what a testimony is or how to bear it. So of course, she totally embarrassed me by saying something like, "I'm a big girl, and I like candy." This time, she'd been taught, but that was months ago. So when she said she wanted to do it, we talked a little about it again, about what she believes and why she wanted to do it. She said she wanted to because she'd never done it before. That's a great reason in my book! I did NOT like doing new things when I was little. Anyway, she did great! I was so proud of her! She wouldn't say anything without Chad telling her to though. And she kept up with those scriptures 'till the end of her classes! She's so mature and awesome! Love that girl.
3 comments:
Go Chloe! She is WAY BRAVER that I ever would have been at her age :)
OH my heck what a precious girl. She is not that little girl on the side of the blog in the purple shirt anymore. She is getting so big and grown up. That little spirit is something you have the totally right to be proud of!!!!! I new she was always a brilliant grown up girl!!! And Everett dude, he can keep up with girl!!!! He heard it he did!!!;0)
What a sweet spirit that little thing has. I just love her and it is so fun seeing them "live"
Post a Comment