Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 1: Epcot

There are so many people out there that LOVE Disney World. We got lots of suggestions from everyone. My sis.-in-law suggested our resort, French Quarter - good pick. And I've never met any one who's gone that didn't have a blast. Last Sept. we took a Disney cruise with said sis-in-law. It was downright magical! So I had high hopes for our trip. A friend gave us her guide to Disney, how to make the most of each day. Day 1 we went to Epcot.

My MIL had set up brunch with some Princesses. We got there too late to do anything but wait... I don't know why we didn't get some fast passes for something... so we waited... Because of this appointment, we couldn't use my friend's guide to Disney. It would've made the day better, with a lot less waiting. But finally time came to eat. It was SO yummy! We ate in Norway. It was so pretty.
We took pictures with princesses.
Chloe likes Aurora b/c she has the prettiest dress, at least I think that's why.
And last, but definitely not least, Ariel, her FAVORITE!! She didn't show much excitement though. I guess because she realizes Ariel's not real, but she did tell her that she's her favorite. Everett enjoyed meeting them too. He wanted to get down to take pics with them. We should've gotten him out of his booster, instead we took pics at the table. I didn't get any good ones with him, but he liked it.
This throne was in the lobby. Pretty cool.
Late in the day we played games in the imaginarium.
This takes your pic when you hit the button on the fire hydrant, then you e-mail it to yourself. Everett of course enjoyed the fire truck.
We did Turtle Talk with Crush which was fun. We rode the Nemo ride, a story book ride where you sit in a pod and ride through things that depict Nemo's story. It was cool. This is the "jellies" scene, very cool looking.
And this is the boat/shark scene.
There was a little aquarium with this play area. The aquarium folks did a demo with their dolphins. They would show the dolphin a shape through the glass, then he'd swim over to a group of 3 shapes and point to the one that had been shown him. Very cool.
Chad and I rode "test track" and "Soarin'." Test track was ok. Soarin' was really cool, but only worth about a 30min. wait, NOT 80! So that kinda ruined Soarin' for us. I wanted to go through the different countries a bit. I felt like we didn't get to do much, really I guess we did. It was miserable hot too. By the end of the day, I felt terrible and just wanted to leave. Chad and I went from Soarin' to the other side of the park, to France, to get something to eat. Then we called the parents and they were all tapped out. So we ran back to the front of the park, scarfing our food to avoid dealing with the kids on that issue. That was not good for me. I spent the rest of the night in the bathroom. I was up at least once an hour to vomit. It was awful!

To be continued...

Check back often. I'll be posting like a mad woman trying to get it all posted.

1 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

What a bummer that you got sick! And that you didn't get fast passes for anything. Nothing is worth waiting that long for, even if it is an awesome ride. Oh well. If you ever go again, your kids will be older and it will be easier. So glad you had a good time, regardless of the heat/sickness/lines :).