Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Plugging Along

Chad and I have been very grouchy lately. I suppose it's to do with stress. My patience ran out long ago. We just desperately need our own space and a routine and whatnot. I need a home to unpack, organize, and decorate. Plus, as most of you know, home buying is not for the fainthearted. But we have had some good times recently too.
Monday, we went to north GA to an apple orchard... except it was just their store. None of the orchards here are doing "you pick" right now for some reason. It was fun though. We got to taste gobs of apple products: apple salsa (actually quite good,) bbq sauce, etc.
I thought it was crazy that they put the pumpkin patch on the hill next to the road like this. I do NOT envy those that have to harvest them. But hey! A great use of unused land!
Even though it was a long drive, it was a good one. Of course, this picture does not do the fall trees justice, they were beautiful!
Yesterday, we went to the nearest military base to do some major tax-free shopping. (My father-in-law is retired air force.) It was fun. This is Chad's newest toy! It's hilarious how he's like a kid on Christmas Day with this thing. He said, "it's for my office!" Hah! He loves it. And he won't accept the fact that he's a geek! A cool geek, but a geek none the less. He was trying to hide it behind his back so I wouldn't take a picture of him. That's why he looks goofy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

For the record, I have not been grouchy and the toy is for my pediatric patients.

Dana said...

Oh whatever chad you are so full of crap!!! YOu know that toy is for you and who wouldn't be grouchy closing on a house. Selling a house is the hardest thing for us. Our marriage is not pleasant during those times. For the record I would recommend Carla that you take advantage of the time that you have left with the family. It will be much harder to get away when you get settled and you will start to miss them.

Unknown said...

I stand by my comments on the toy and some of us can handle buying a house without being grouchy. I am a study in civility.

Anonymous said...

Carla- sometimes the hardest part is seeing the end of the tunnel and being hoping it will all end

Chad-you're funny

I miss you all

The McCullough Crew said...

Chad is for sure a geek!

The pumpkin pictures are amazing. I would love to see what the kids wore for Halloween.