Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A JOB!!!!

Chad said the partners showed him around and he liked the city. From everything we've read, its' a good fit for us.
We like small cities, the small town feel with the advantages of a city. Hopefully it'll be a good fit, and if not, there are lots of smaller cities close by. A temple is about an hour away. I'm so excited to be close to a temple again! And as our kids age it'll get only easier to go. It's a group practice, mostly opthomologists (surgeons), which is perfect for Chad because he loves pre/post-op care and disease. When I asked how the interview went, he said, "I don't want to get too optimistic yet, but I think this practice might be why we didn't get a residency." He's a perfect fit. He meshes well with the 4 partners' personalities. They perfectly fit his theories on how to practice, how to run the business, how to treat the doctors... etc. He said they do things exactly the way he'd want to eventually, except everything is already set up. I love the job security behind the fact that they're so well established, a large group. AND he could eventually buy in and start building up the optometric side; so there's that potential for growth and investment. Oh, and even though the partners are othomologists (surgeons), they don't look down on Chad for being "just" an optometrist. He's treated as a peer. And they believe in treating their employees and dr.s well so they'll WANT to perform well, stick around, and invest in the company.


While I was thrilled to have options, (believe me, I realize what a blessing that is these days! Our hearts and prayers still go out to those of you still hunting.) they just weren't right for us. They came up more than half way to the salary we countered with. We get benefits (a HUGE load off to not have to shop around for that) and the option to eventually buy in and build up the optometric side of things. We have to wait for the two part-timers to leave and a contract. So it'll be 2 weeks to a month before he starts. but it looks like we'll be buying a house, so I guess it might be longer than that before I join him. Last night we got the official offer. Today, we already have a real estate agent (most of the people at work have used her. So they passed our name on to her last week.) A lender and we're pre-approved. It looks like we'll go up next week to look. We'll see... We have TONS of reading and learning to do between now and then, not to mention talks, a relief society lesson, etc. It's a lot, stressful, but good stress, excitement. For the whole of our marriage, we've been working toward this. And unlike with marriage and kids, the excitement is not tainted by fear. We're extremely grateful the many blessings we're seeing.

1 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Carla, this sounds wonderful! How very exciting--congratulations to you all!