A family friend bought me this embroidery kit when she 12-Days-of-Christmased our family 12 years ago. I'm usually pretty good about finishing my projects, but I have a few (this one included) that have been on the wish list for many years. I didn't know how to embroider, so I started on the big roses and it didn't look very good. So I put it away. I just got it out again when we started rotations 6 months ago and finally finished it today! I made lots of mistakes but enjoyed learning how to do it. Needle point is something that I enjoy, but I enjoy beautifying my home more: building, painting, making drapes, etc. So I just never usually do it. But on rotations, it's the only hobby I have that doesn't take up much space, just lots of time. So it's perfect! I knew I'd finish it soon, so before I left the States, I bought a cross-stitch of a mother and child that's beautiful. Let's see how long that takes me! I'm guessing if I don't finish in the next 6 mo. It too will take many years.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
DONE!
Posted by Carla at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
W O W !!!!! Looks amazing Car!
Is that what you were working on at moms? Its soo pretty. I don't have the patients to do that kind of thing. YOu and Marie certainly do.
Carla your kids are just too cute. And don't worry about the feeling unintelligente thing. Having babies does that too you. I have notice that each pregnacy and with each child I have lost more memory then I can remember. We love and miss you guys.
Post a Comment