Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our Week

So this week was kinda crappy too.  I don't know how to find stuff that the kids and I can do.  I think I've explored everything that's within walking distance (which is NOT far with Chloe).  I realized last night though that I really need to get to church!  Ladies there might know of stuff or be willing to befriend me.  I don't know how other students live like this with out the church!!  I guess they have their ways of socializing... Anyway, Chloe's been really acting out.  I think that A) she's realizing this isn't just vacation, and B) she and Everett have really been clashing lately.  He apparently hits her a lot when I don't see it. I'm trying to teach not to hit, but I just can't punish if I don't see it.  But I see her hit all the time.  Not cool.  And he's been getting some extra attention because we're trying to teach him to walk.  Darn kid's so stubborn.  He's getting there though.  He takes steps here and there.  It just clearly takes concentration, and he's not interested in that.  Anyway, C) I haven't been totally up to par as a mom.  I'm trying to have patience, realizing that our other rotations took me about a month to adjust and feel comfortable, like I had some sort of home.  I'm just ready for a little ease in my life at the moment.  Chenelle and I have started running a bit though.  So that helps, and weekends are great.  I live for weekends!  More on that to come.  I finally don't feel like I have to drag Chad along to do anything besides watch a movie.  Our room mates like to go do stuff, while he babysits.  By the way, we have awesome room mates!  In discussing the previous students and the students to come, I couldn't ask for a better situation.  They're good girls.  Married, mature enough to be married.  We all mesh well.  And they're good with the kids and don't seem to mind them at all.  Chloe's a little over zealous about hanging out with "her girlfriends" sometimes, so we have to reign her in, and I'm already can't wait to have our own place again, but really it is a huge blessing.

2 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

The place looks so cool - Dad and I went to Elberton so this is the first time that I have had to check out blogs. - Love the pictures of the kids. Love Mom

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Hitting huh? Join the rest of the kid world ;0) It's normal, not right but normal. Good luck with it all. I don't know how you do it every 3 months moving around YUCK!! Almost done though girl. Hang in there.