Yesterday Chad brought home some antibiotic eye drops and we put them in Everett's ear (Chad said you can use eye meds in the ear, but not the other way around because ear meds have to be stronger to properly penetrate and absorb. I didn't know that helpful little tidbit, did you?) So despite my chagrin about having yet another topical/medical regiment to follow (between the kids and I, we're up to 6: various vitamins, lotions, etc.) I am SO grateful for small miracles. He woke up SO much happier this morning, played in his bed through morning nap time then fell asleep and has been asleep forever! I know you moms know how much of a miracle antibiotics can be for a child with an ear infection. But add to that the fact that we're abroad with out a doctor or medical insurance. I'm SO grateful Chad's an optometrist! But even more than that, I'm SOOOOOO grateful that the Lord is watching out for us. I mean, I assumed the grouchies were just from teething. But we caught it pretty quickly. Had his ear not oozed, I wouldn't have known. And normally, I'm skeptical of using antibiotics if I don't have to, but I felt completely at ease about it as a precaution this time. Ough, poor kid. I'm so grateful for miracles and grateful that my baby is on the mend!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
A Little Miracle
Posted by Carla at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I use to use grapefruit seed extract for Sarah. It worked like a charm. I never had to take her in for ear infections. I know it sounds dumb but it worked. I am glad that Chad thought of that for his little ear. I hope it continues to work. I was telling a new gal in our ward about you being in Mexico and she said that unfortunately a lot of places in Mexico party hard!!! Its just the way things are there.
Post a Comment