So Friday night, the girls and I went out with the two bosses from the clinic. I got to meet the other one who... well... anyway, we had fun. We got dessert. I got a 3 leches (3 milk, it's a really moist cake with something like pudding in between and whipped cream on top)cake. When I ordered, I said it in French. Last class, I rocked the Spanish, but then French just comes out because I'm way more comfortable with it! Anyway, it was yummy and then we went salsa dancing. Let me tell ya, Mexicans can dance!! Course they party from birth, sun down to sun up. It just makes me sad that in our culture it's not cool for a guy to be able to dance. And I'm so out of practice... I was TERRIBLE. But between the two waiters at the bar, I started to relax and get a handle on it and had fun. It was really weird not dancing with my husband though and non mormons dance really close. So it was really hard to relax. Plus, white girls are much more bouncy. I've never felt more white. I don't think my hips move that way. It also made me really wish I knew Spanish. I have a hard time making people understand me in English, much less in Spanglish. But anyway, it was fun. I had to be the party pooper and drag everyone home at 3am! That part made me ache for my Bloomington girlfriends, who have fun during the day.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Weekend
Saturday was lame, I was tired so we didn't do anything. Oh, there was a bike race that ended just around the corner. We watched that for a minute from the roof. It also kicked off this neighborhood festival. EVERY weekend, there's something! But usually not so close to the house. The music was SO loud, and it didn't end until well into the night. Sunday morning, same thing, except there was also a little parade that we watched from the roof. It was strange in that, the streets weren't lined with people wat
ching. I saw some others standing on the roof watching, but other than that, it was just this group of people dressed up dancing around through the streets. And the music lasted ALL DAY LONG. It was fun at first, but got really annoying by around 9:30.
Sunday, also lame. We tried to go to church. But the cab driver didn't know the street. So he took us to some random church way on the other side of town. What's that all about?! How does a cab driver not know every street in town? So we came home and it was just one of those days where nothing went right and the kids and I had lots of accidents. I busted my head getting in the cab. Everett busted his head and face again. I put a dry erase board up as a baby gate in front of the steps. So he climbed up there, got the hook (the little triangle used to hang it on the wall) in his mouth and then fell. I held him, but the crying didn't stop for a long time. I didn't realize exactly what happened until he quit crying. There was blood ALL over me.
So much for living for the weekends! I have GOT to figure out how to walk into town with the kids and find stuff to do! I was really discouraged by the fact that we didn't make it to church because I feel like that's the only way I'll find stuff for us to do. Every one we know now can tell us where to find a good beer or a good salsa bar, but no one can tell us where to go for the kids.
It looks like Everett might have an ear infection. He's definitely miserable with teething too. He NEVER stops crying! Occasionally he's fun though. He's a little copy cat. When I tell him no, he says, "noh, noh, noh, noh, noh, noh, noh hahahahah!" He thinks everything is a game. I swear I think physical pain is the only way that boy will learn life's lessons! He's smart though. It's fun to just watch him try to figure stuff out. Here are some happy/sweet moments:
We have a mouse, and the kids won't stop fighting and begging for attention. And Chloe keeps having accidents. Right now I'm REALLY wishing I weren't here. I've got a long list of things I can't wait to do when I get back to the states, like flush my toilet paper and take a bath. But I do still have a small glimmer of hope left that things will improve. 2 weeks down, about 9 to go. And after all, the sewer stink doesn't bug me as much any more. I mean, I don't gag every time now...
Posted by Carla at 11:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's the way girl. YOu are trying to be so positive and that good. Have you thought about looking up the church. There has to be a way to find information out. If you have to wait till someone can come home and translate then so be it. But you have got to get hooked up with the church. The church is the same no matter where you are at. Even if you don't speak the language.
Salsa dancing till 3am - sign me up! Well it seems like life without the kids is fun but trying to get something for the kids to do not so much fun.
Hang in there! and I sure hope that blood comes out of your shirt.
Holy cow, how did I miss this one? I scrolled down and all I saw were bottles of beer...that was a shocker. I had to make sure you were behind one of those bottles :0)
Anyway...I would have loved to be at that dance place with you...what fun. I agree with Dana. Gotta find the church; even if only for someone to sit by that believes the same thing.
Post a Comment