We have a new hot water heater!!! Which is great because we no longer have the use of the neighboring apartment shower as someone has just moved in there. Ok, let me explain our living situation. We're living in sort of a compound. When you enter the gate, you enter Bill's property (our American landlord.) He owns four houses and some apartments, all of whom have one washer and dryer to use at the fore-mentioned cost of $4 a load. We live in a 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 3 story house. On the roof, there's a table, the water heater, a big sink, and a bricked off fire pit where the grill is kept. Dana, yes, you can find pretty much all the normal stuff at the Mega; it's just expensive. And the concrete wall on the roof comes up to my shoulders at least. It's really great. The kids have colds and sunburns. It gets really cold at night, but it's nice during the heat of the day. Anyway, here's a picture of our house, the yellow and blue one. Our room is the top left window.
The tutor came last night just to set up a schedule. We just kind of sat around talking for a while so she could see what level we're at and I got so frustrated! I guess I assumed that it would just magically come to me. I wouldn't have been so frustrated if the kids weren't crawling all over me trying to talk over her, and if I wasn't there with people that by comparison are fluent. I mean, even Chad is light years ahead of me and our room mates have actually had 4+ years of spanish classes. I was desperatly trying to understand, but couldn't. I must admit, at times I feel very uneducated next to 3 grad student/optometrists. Now before I get paragraphs of encouraging words, I know that what I do is important and I have a myriad of talents that lie elsewhere. And my turn for intellect will come. There are just times when I kind of have to work to remind myself of those things. It was a discouraging moment. But I do look forward to learning 3 days a week AFTER the kids are in bed. Chloe was really cute though. She said, "Mommy! She don't know the words!" I know she was embarrased when we all laughed, so I tried to stiffle mine. But it was really funny. Here are some cute pictures of her at the park.






Classic Chloe (above). Isn't she gorgeous?!
She even tried her hand at taking pictures. See:
I've wanted to blog about Everett for some time now. He grows and changes so fast. But I fear I've forgotten all of the little things he's doing now. Which is unfortunate because I don't want to forget these baby days! So here's what I can remember:
He's standing really well and even took 4 steps yesterday! It's amazing because he HATES when I try to work with him on it. He stubbornly pulls his legs up every time. He has finally discovered his tongue. He does all kinds of play sounds and just cracks himself up to no end with it. He plays peek-a-boo and says "thank you" (well, "kkkkkooooo.") He really seems to respond yes or no when I ask him things. He gives really good smooches and loves doing it. He blows good kisses too. He's so affectionate. I love it! Oh and he's learning not to climb the stairs. I spent a good hour with him one day teaching and punishing. And thankfully, it has made a difference. He still climbs anything else he can though... and some fun pics of him a the park:
One of his tongue games - side to side sounds.
I know it's blurry, but this goofy little smile is CLASSIC Everett.
2 comments:
$4 a load that is highway robbery!! I would be doing it by hand for the principle of it also. That is just crazy. It seems to be beautiful there. YOu really are getting a different culture. I loved the picture Chloe took of you. YOu are soo cute girl. And the picture of Everett with the "goofy grin" looks just like Josh. Be patient with the language. This about missionaries are immersed in it with out 2 little distraction day in and day out and it takes them a while to learn it.
Girl, props for even trying. I took two years of it in high school and I only passed due to a wonderful guy who helped. The only thing I remember is work and here (I can't even remember how to spell them).
It is pretty there...can't believe my sister is in Mexico...crazy!
Post a Comment