Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Good Day

So the wind has FINALLY stopped and it has warmed up enough that we can go outside.  It was so chilly that we spent pretty much all day in my bed.  I felt like a prisoner!  But today I pried Chad's keys away from him (he doesn't even need them!) and we went to the park and the OXXO (it's a little convenience store.)  


When we went to the Mega (super wal-mart) the other night, I managed to find a rope.  And since the guys aren't working on the water heater today,  we got to do laundry by hand today.  It is insanely hard work!  I mean I never thought I'd reach a day when I'd wish for a clothes wringer for Christmas!  My hands are killing me.  But I felt a great sense of accomplishment and saved us about $3 (big money baby!  Did I mention, it's expensive to live here.  But for me, It's mostly just the principle of the thing.  How dare he charge us $4 for laundry!) Plus it was fun playing in the water and working on my tan.  And there's almost nothing that the kids can destroy up there.  Once I was done, Everett plopped down in the bucket full of water.  It was really funny and I tried to get a picture, but my camera was dead.  

At the park, I found the perfect spot for our family Christmas picture this year.  And on the way to the Mega, there were some ruins that makes me ache for a bride to photograph.  

Brighter days are on the horizon.  We've got a Spanish tutor coming and a water heater on the way (hopefully by tomorrow evening.)  And the weekend is coming and we plan to go out to dinner all together.  Deahl I'm so glad you're a "follower."  By the way, Holy Cow and Congratulations on the pregnancy!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Wait I don't get it. Who is charging you 4$ for laundry. And haven;t you spent that to go to a laundry mat to do it? Maybe its just that everything is so expensive you want to save on that. But I say good for you. YOu know Marie has laundry by hand down to a science by now I am sure. Call her and ask her some tips. Up on the balcony is it closed off? I just picture the kids wanting to look over the side and falling off. I am glad you have a tudor coming. That will help if you can communicate with the people. Did you find anything normal at the WAlmart?

Carla said...

Haha, yeah, she's given me some tips. Our landlord charges $4 a load. The laundromat back home cost about $1.75 per load. Course, he includes detergent and softener. So maybe it evens out, but still, it seems way steep, especially since I found detergent here at the house.