YES WE ARE! We got here several hours ago; first impression: it's beautiful, way more rustic and... primitive than I'm used to. The trip went well although the airline screwed us over and over and over gain, totaling about $750. And the only honest airline that I know of, AirTran, who we've flown with MANY times and never had a hidden fee or a rude employee, was PACKED. They've expanded exponentially in the past 4 years, the only one that's not withering away. Get a clue airlines. I can't wait until they expand enough that we can only fly with them. But anyway, off that gripe-fest. There's a festival tonight. The kids and I are exhausted. I've gotten to a point that new things aren't so stressful and scary, but they still haven't. They're in a room together for the first time. And we've got two female room mates. Wish me luck.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would like to hear more about this 750 bucks. And I can't wait to see pictures. Female roommates? I guess that is a little better for you but has got to be weird for Chad.
Well, the school failed to mention that we get off rotation a week earlier. So it cost us about 450 to change our flight which will happen 3 MONTHS from now. Then we get there and find out Everett has to pay all of the tax and fuel surcharges even though he didn't have a ticket. That was about 250 and the rest of it was baggage charges because we can't move a family of 4 using the 3 bags we're allotted. I'm thrilled they're girls. I don't think Chad minds. They're married, fairly sane, and there'll never be a reason for him to be home alone with either of them. The thing that's weird is sharing a bathroom.
Post a Comment