Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday started out pretty rough. We tried to run errands, but Chloe had a huge meltdown fit. I mean the WHOLE store was looking; so we came home immediately. I wasn't thinking clearly, so I got stopped for speeding. Thankfully, he was merciful and could tell we were having a BAD day. So after a nap and lunch, we were good. I post this to say, yes indeed, my blog is very aptly named. We never have a dull moment anymore. But Everett is now sleeping in the bathroom, so things are looking up. She had the meltdown because she never went back to sleep after Everett's 5:30 feeding. Anyway, the day turned out pretty good because Chloe and I decided to start making better choices. That evening, she and Everett played well together. Everett sat chewing on whatever looked interresting as Chloe piled every book and toy in his lap.

Eventually the toy bins made it on top too. At first I cringed at the mess, but it soon became pretty comical :)

We found out that Everett is also allergic to pears!

I also wanted to blog about the FABULOUS kid's programing here. Our new favorite show is Word World. I watch and go "holy cow, that's SO clever!" the way the words come to life and the way the plot and such teach and entertain at the same time. Back home it only came on on saturdays. I'm so excited that it comes on daily here that I plan our day around it. Our second new favorite show is Super Why! It also teaches reading skills along with problem solving skills. Like yesterday, they looked in a book to figure out that whining and crying doesn't work, but you need to use your words to tell people that you need help. It's pretty great too. I mean, we drive along and Chloe points out all kinds of letters that we hadn't gone over yet along with their sound(the whole learning her letters thing got put on hold with the move and all.) And the other day we went in her room and "built words" together. Word world builds words and then they push them together to make the item that it spells. Check out the link to see what I mean. Anyway, super cool! We both think they're WAY better than Sesame Street and Barney.

4 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

My kids like Super Why, Gabe has learned a lot from it.

I love the pile on Everette. Looks like he had a lot to choose from at his finger tips.

Dana said...

Carla you are so anal sometimes you need to just relax. That is the most controlled, neat mess I have ever seen. It looks like they both had fun and usual as long as the kids are happy it makes everything go better.

Carla said...

Yeah, I'm back to being on the high-strung side of life. Lots of reasons for it beyond my control. At least I was eventually able to see the fun and humor.

Bond Bedlam said...

Yes I agree with Dana that it the most controlled mess that I've ever seen. The programs sound super. Love you Mom