Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Holiday Weekend

I love weekends now because Chad actually gets them off. No more of this "oh, well I have to study or write a paper." And over holiday weekends, forget it. Professors were always certain to assign a big paper or exam due for the day they return from the break! Anyway, Chad got off yesterday morning. That evening we met up with Scott and Marie - my sister who I hadn't seen in about two years, and brother-in-law who I hadn't seen in about...5ish. And I got to meet their kids. They're in town for a family reunion, on Scott's side and we got to spend the evening together just playing in a field and talking. Then we went out to dinner together. It was SO refreshing to have some separation or back up with the kids and to get out of the house!

Today we all slept in until almost 10:00. Can you believe that?! One of those mornings where you go in to make sure the kids are still breathing! After a leiserly morning in which Chad cooked breakfast, we went shopping. We checked out a new mall that's fairly...well-to-do. Of course we didn't buy much, but it was fun. I look forward to the rest of the weekend that we've got planned with my sister and her family. And maybe I'll remember my camera for a change. It's so good to see not only familiar faces, but...geeze, I have missed my sister!

4 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

I want pictures. Yeah I haven't talked to Marie in a while. I am jealous - I hope you had fun with them and I hope the kids got aquinted with their cousins. I didn't know they were going to SLC.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

I am sooooo glad that you are seeing each other. I am jealous too. Fun times!!! Make sure you take LOTS of pictures girl friend!

Dana said...

I am totally jealous too. It seems like such a long time since we have seen any of them. Yeah we will have to conk you on the head if you forget your camera again!!! WE want to see them all.

Jennifer said...

So, I'm really glad I can spy on you via blog. I read about the melt down and felt my stomach tighten for you and was way impressed that you turned around your day. I tend to get mean...and stay that way until bed time, then i try to be all nice...the family doesn't buy that if you know what i mean. Update: Jody is in louisville, cindy is moving in August to BYU. I'm bonding with Renee Gilpin and Andrea Sayer. Miss ya.
Jen