Sunday, May 18, 2008

Church

So we went to church today (oddly enough, the first ward building we've seen so far and I've seen one set of missionaries outside of temple square.) It is the tiniest ward I think I've ever seen! It consists of about 4 apartment complexes. It was fine. People were friendly and helpful. The building is huge and old. For enrichement this week, we're going to the Joseph Smith Memorial building to see the new JS video. Pretty cool. I think I've had some stereotypes in mind about the church in Utah, but I don't think our area or ward seem to fit into them. There was no one Chloe's age. They didn't even have a nursery today. I am so excited to go swimming sometime this week!

Hey, have I mentioned that Everett is MISERABLE and sick? He is. We've decided we need to move his bed into the spare bathroom because no one can stand him. He wants to be held all of the time. We're going to, hopefully, have Chad's boss look in his ears tomorrow and then probably have to find a pediatrician. He won't crawl even though he's SO close. He just sits and cries. But here's his latest that I think is pretty funny:

5 comments:

Jodie said...

That is an AWESOME picture! We were cracking up over here! :)

And no nursery??!?!?! Strange.

KVB said...

Push-ups already?!? What a tough kid.

Bond Bedlam said...

That's funny. I bet you are in an older ward - being you have no nursery. That sure doesn't fit the stero-typical Utah ward does it?

Dana said...

That does seem like such a strange ward especially in SLC with no nursery. What a cute picture of Everett.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

He will have arms of steal if he keeps that up. Tooooo funny! Hang in there, I have two babies running fevers who are constantly crying and wanting to be held and Gabe is also running a fever too. I'll trade ya :0)