Today was fairly maddening, but it was mostly good. We have this yippy dog next door that just barks and barks. I swear if i had a beebee gun, it would get SHOT! It's not usually too bad, just when people are home. So we're trying to get a constantly crying Everett and a very distracted Chloe ready to go and that darn dog was just yippin' away! We finally made it out the door.
We took the train up to the temple and had a very lovely day! We just wandered and had lunch. The best part was the Christus. I SO wish I'd had my camera!! I was sitting near the wall when Chloe went up to the huge statue of Jesus and just looked up at him. Then Chad joined her and they joined hands, just looking. It was so picture-esque and sweet! Chloe really enjoyed the train and the fountains. She also enjoyed the escalator and temple. I think she had a lot of fun; I know I did. I love the missionaries and it's always fun to see all of the beautiful brides with their wedding dresses. It was so wonderful to see something beautiful for a change, besides my family of course. I mean, this is one ugly city...at least the part we're in. The only beauty is the mountains and the land that the church owns. We couldn't have asked for more perfect whether either! We had lunch at ZCMI only to discover that the rest of the mall was just gone. Lots of construction here. Got some things to look forward to. I've found some pools and hope to get Chloe into swim lessons if it's not too expensive. Church tomorrow. Oh, that was the other maddening part of the day. I've spent all day off and on trying to find our new ward. Something like 14 pages of listings in the phone book, tried online, tried my dad who's in his bishopric-nothing. Chad got online for like a minute and found it. Oy...At least I should be able to get some form adult enteraction tomorrow and maybe find out of some RS events.
The kids have actually managed to fall asleep in the same room!! Hoorah! Everett has some wierd rash. He's gotta be sick. He's SO sleep deprived too. Oh, he's not allergic to soy, it's milk. Milk and peanut butter were my two favorite staples in my diet! Sheesh. Oh well, I'm not giving up milk. Just motivation to wean. Well, I've ranted enough. It was a refreshingly good day.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Maddening but Good
Posted by Carla at 1:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree Carla SLC is one ugly city except for church sites that are well maintained.
I hope your RS is up to par. I am sure there are lots of things to do there but only if you hook up with people who know. Glad you had an enjoyable day!
I am in disagreement. In SLC there are soooo many wonderful church things to do. If we could go back with money I think we would do it. Just take advantage of it becuase no where else will you get so much church stuff in one place. So much history and stuff.
Post a Comment