Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Optimism

Ok, I just read a blog about optimism. She typed up her church lesson in which Pres. Hinkley spoke about turning from pessimism which so permeates the world's demeanor. It's so true. I've struggled and practiced a grand portion of my life with being optimistic, but still I'm not generally. But I think that this is especially a time in my life that I could really benefit from the council our dear prophet has given us. Instead of thinking about my lack of friends, adult interaction, and personal fulfillment and how to get it back (knowing full well that I can't right now) I can look at this as a very special time in which I get to focus on my children. Moving is such a HUGE undertaking that took me from my children a great deal. But now that's done. I have no home improvement projects or sewing projects to distract me. We can have so much fun that we weren't able to before! We get to experience the world, and I'm glad I get to do that with them. And I am excited about that!

4 comments:

Dana said...

There is a gal in my ward who is never negative. It doesn't matter if it's with other people or even with her kids. It can be hard to do sometimes that is for sure.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Good for you Carla. I am proud of you for trying. It is a hard thing for you but you can over come it. Also thanks for making the pictures bigger for us. I love Margretts mixed matched shoes...ha ha ha

Leighanna said...

I know how you feel Carla- being somewhere new and having to start all over again. I also know that having negative feelings doesn't help on bit. (Trust me, I've tried that road too!) I'm glad you can find a positive outlook... It is the only thing that helps!

Bond Bedlam said...

Great going Carla. And remember this new adventure will only last a year and if you have a positive outlook you will have good memories from the experience.