Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The first picture is of Chloe with her baby doll. I know I've mentioned it, but she has only recently become interested in playing with baby dolls. She takes her everywhere and puts her to bed and whatnot. On the train, she stood baby on the back of her seat so she could see out the window too. I think it's so sweet and tender and I love it!



We had a wonderful weekend with Marie and her family. Sunday, we took the train to Temple Square. The kids were all so excited about the train. We mostly just wondered around, but it was a lot of fun. We got to see the inside of the Assembly Hall which has always been closed when I've gone, so that was a treat. We had to stop and play in just about every fountain we passed and take every photo op that presented its self. We got to tour the Conference Center. I was really excited about that because, while I have seen it, it was at conference time, so it was too full to really see anything. All of the artwork there is original and amazing. We also got to go on the roof, but only half of the fountain was working. Then we stopped by the Museum of Church History. I vaguely remember going once before, but it was fun. There's stuff for the kids to do. We made rubbings of the temple and the CTR shield in different languages. There was also an incredible display of works from women from the church. Some insanely talented women!!

After all of that, we came back to our place and hung out a bit. Chad played an AWEsome joke on the kids. We have this turtle. Chad convinced them that he was real - just old and sleeping. For the longest time, they kept going to it trying to figure out for sure if it was or not. Finally he said "OK, should I go get him?" So he goes to get the turtle, started screaming and he and the kids come running out screaming with the turtle "attached" to his finger having bitten it clean off. It was about the funniest thing I've ever seen! It took a while to convince the youngest that it was in fact fake after all. The poor girl was scared stiff of the thing!

Being Chad's birthday, we had potato soup and cake. It was a lovely day!

Monday, the girls and babies went shopping while the boys went to see Iron Man. Then they hit the road. It was SO wonderful to see them! I can't say enough how much fun I had and how nice it was to have their company!

3 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

IS there a way to see the pictures bigger? I can hardly see anything since they are so small. Sounds liek fun. Glad you were able to visit with each other!!!!

Dana said...

I have a request too. Can you go back and choose to show them in a bigger version. WE can't really see them well at all since they are so small. I am glad you all had such a good time. I just wish we could have been there with you as well.

Bond Bedlam said...

Oh man - so much fun - I wish I could have been there too. I loved the miss matched shoes. I miss all of you!