Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Little Helper

Chloe loves to be a big girl and help me. It used to be doing dishes. Any time she thought I was going to do dishes, she'd run into the kitchen, grab a chair and say "I wanna help mommy!!" Well, I think she's over that because I couldn't really let her help too well and she got tired of making pretend "rocket soup" with a bowl and water. So now, she runs in any time she thinks I'm going to cook. I've really tried to find ways to include her and she does a great job! Tonight she "painted" sour cream on the chicken and helped me crush the corn flakes. She sits on the counter and hands me eggs, dumps in cheese, and holds the measuring cup as I fill it. I'm really proud of how well she has finally learned to obey my instructions. So what used to be a Huge trial of patience has become something very fun and special. She can take pride in her accomplishment, and I take pride in her. And she is much more willing to eat a meal that she helped with.

1 comments:

Dana said...

It can be hard letting them help but it can also be so rewarding!!!