Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friends


I am so extremely grateful for my friends (sorry to those of you not pictured). Three of us, with our spouces, went to the temple today while one of them opted to watch all of our kids for us instead of trading off and staying there all day as we had planned. What a blessing they are to me!! We have girl's nights once a week, play group and exercise group three times a week (which is also amazing for my mental and physical health as well as Chloe's) game nights once a week, people willing to pick us up from the airport and get our mail and basically help us out in ways that our family used to. What a blessing!! I imagine that will be the hardest part of rotations, never being able to get to know anyone. I suppose our little family will grow extremely close; or I'll finally have to learn how to make friends really fast...though I don't see that happening - not that fast. Anyway, I am just very grateful for them.

8 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

So I'm guessing you got your recommend figured out?! What a treat.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Carla, it is hard leaving friends behind but you will treasure your memories with them. But moving, you can reinvent yourself. Look at it as a challenge and think, "if it doesn't go well, then I am out of here in 3 months anyway..." You will do fine! I love you
Ally

Hope said...

you are so sweet. I know that we are really going to miss you while you're on rotations!

I am going to have to get a copy of this picture!

Dana said...

Oh I really had that in Kenai. And miss is very much. Friends help replace that feeling of not being around family. Your rotations will be quite the adventure but I am sure that you will come to really love a select few that come into your path.

Leighanna said...

Carla - I am sooo glad you have really nice friends there. I definately know how much easier it makes life (mentally and spiritually) when you have people you can count on. I hope you will find such good friends everywhere you go!! :o)

Jodie said...

Wow, I look hot. (okay, so how come I'm the only one who really looks like a person should at 11 o'clock at night??)

And I'm feeling the same way about when we leave...how on earth am I going to ever find such a fabulous group of friends??!

Bond Bedlam said...

Your move will be an adventure - Hey you're going to Mexico -
I love you very much

Anonymous said...

Carla, I didn't know you had a blog! It will be fun to keep up with you. Thanks for posting this picture-- it's fun to see all of you!

I felt the same as you when I was there-- it's so great to have a family-like support from wonderful people. I've yet to feel that here from very many, but at least I have a few good friends and definitely feel support from my friends elsewhere.

When do you leave on rotations? Do you know where yet?