We had a good experience with Everett's blessing. We had him and his twin cousins blessed all at the same time, at the church on Sunday evening before Christmas. It was really informal, but it went well. I had a hard time focusing, but I did end up feeling the spirit during Everett's blessing. My grandpa was able to come which I was TOTALLY excited about. My sister and I felt like my grandma was there too, in spirit. When I was pregnant with Everett, I felt snipits of just how sweet and special his spirit would be. With all of the excitement of having a new baby, I'd forgotten about that. But I was strongly reminded as I listened to the words. He was blessed with a sweet spirit, that through his smile, others would be able to feel Heavenly Father's love. That's already SO perfectly true!! He loves to smile and laugh and he seems to love people. And I truly do feel my Savior's love as a enteract with him and feel the joy and love that he brings.
Afterward, everyone ran around and played in the gym while some prepared the potluck dinner/dessert bar. We ate well and went home. Oh wait, my niece called 911 because she hurt her finger. My dad had to fill out a report with the cops. Never a dull moment : ) Then we went home.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Everett's Blessing
Posted by Carla at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh yes I felt the spirit there and Everett is a sweet boy. He is adorable and I too love to hear him laugh. I miss him. Love Mom
Post a Comment