We haven't had a whole lot to blog about lately. We've just been plugging along. We did get to go see an amateur performance of Les Miserables. I think they were mostly high schoolers. It was pretty impressive. It was a double date. We had dinner beforehand. It was fun!
Monday, we started Everett potty training. He did really great! He's off to a great start. It was still pretty draining though, which has continued... Chloe didn't do well with all of the extra attention on him. Today, we were going to go to play group and a consignment sale. But Chloe's sick. So we're on house arrest again. I'd say it's good practice for Everett, but he's not doing so hot today. No fun. Here are some of the fun nothings that have been happening around here lately.

The kids have enjoyed making music with daddy lately.

One good part about potty training, can't you just pinch that cute pudge? He started out in Chloe's old training panties the first day. Since he did well, I got him some Thomas under ware!! The other good thing about potty training is listening to Chloe praise him and read stories to him while he sits and waits. So sweet. His favorite is "Brer Rabbit and the tar baby."

I've been working on a display in my bedroom. We've had so many fun times at the beach; and my room is the perfect color to create a beachy oasis. So it has become very themed. That part is unfortunate, but I like it. It's slowly filling with our collections of cool shells and beach pics. It's filling with fond memories of our honeymoon, summer trips to my in-laws' beach house, and our cruise to the Caribbean. More pictures to come.

This card was given to Everett for his birthday in September. It plays music. Chloe got an Ariel card that played music as well. The battery in hers died a while back. She's still sad about it, but this one's still ticking. You can see how mangled it is. The kids LOVE those cards!

Our silly boy tries to fight me on sleep every now and then, but they are feeble attempts, even for a two year old. Sometimes he's eager to go to bed. This night in particular, he was so eager that he got his bears and pillow and curled up under his area rug. Silly boy.

The kids wanted to sing primary songs for me. Daddy's a good sport.

Another birthday gift. It plays music and "dances." He can often be found laying on the floor just watching it again and again. Sometimes he's really good at entertaining himself. I love to watch him.
3 comments:
I love the family band picture :). And good luck with the potty training. I tried to do Derek at 2 1/2, but he was just starting a defiant stage, and so for his safety and my sanity, I put diapers back on him until his 3rd birthday. That time he was awesome and we knocked it out in four days.
So fun. I wish mine were interested in potty trainning.
Gosh I'm horrible at commenting, but I loved this post and hearing about how you guys are doing.
And I think we need to set up a babysitting swap like you guys...sounds like such a great idea.
Post a Comment