Friday was terrible. Everett was a nightmare. He has seriously never acted more terribly... oh right, he's two. We went to a consignment sale and he screamed at the top of his lungs half the time we were there. He was so mad that he was trembling. It was embarrassing. Anyway, we then had lunch in the car and went straight to a doctor's appointment over an hour away. We didn't get seen... turns out they're over two hours away. So we came home and had late naps in preparation for date night.
Ah date night! SO good to be dating again! It was Eye Associates night at the hockey game. They had Chad do a "ceremonial" puck drop. So when we got there, our names were on the jumbo tron. Then they took us down below with the team. We got to see some of the inner workings, sharpening skate blades, the fact that they keep the pucks in the freezer. We met the owner, the manager, among others. As they were telling Chad how to walk on the red carpet without falling, I was thinking "better you than me. I'd definitely fall." Then they said, "we're introducing you too." What? Crap! Ok, so they took us into the box while the team was introduced. They came and sat, then the national anthem. Then we walked out (holding hands!) he dropped the puck, we met the captains of both teams they gave the puck back to us, we turned and walked back... we may look nerdy, but we didn't make complete fools of ourselves or break any bones. Success. We wished the team luck and went up to the VIP box.

There we had dinner, cookies, popcorn, watched the game, hung out. It was good to see the Dr.s in a more casual setting. It was a lot of fun. The Eye Associates employees got to do all of the half-time games. At the start of the 3rd period there was a good fight. The team started playing a little more aggressively after that. But we had to go get the kids. We got up to leave when the dancers came in with flowers, thrust a bouquet into my hands and took me back out so the whole stadium could see me on the jumbo tron. I was "Sweetheart of the night" don't know why. Deer in headlights is more like it. Yikes. And to think, I was once afraid for eyes to be on me at my wedding! Crazy how life turns out. So then we left. It was really fun! Not that those were ever things on my "to do" list, but I got some more bucket list items on the "done" list.
7 comments:
YOu guys do look goofy walking out there but who wouldn't on that slick ice. I don't know how anyway can stay standing on foot, not to mention on skates!!!! What a fun date night. Was Everett pitching such a fit because he was hungry? I have had a couple of kids get very ugly when they are hungry their blood sugar drops and they don't know how to deal with it. I am glad you guys had a fun night.
Yeah, actually, he was much happier once we had lunch!
Awesome, that's all I can say. :)
You guys get to do the coolest stuff! I want to be a eye doctor!
I have to say I tried to read this but couldn't get past the part where they put the pucks in the freezer...for some reason it made me laugh and I had a hard time concentrating afterwards :) I have a mental picture of my freezer stuffed w/ hockey pucks and the occassional tub of ice cream and leftovers.
I will try again later
AWSOME I AM SO HAPPY YOU GET TO DO ALL THESE COOL THINGS.
I knew you were the sweetheart of the game, but you forgot to mention that Chad did the "puck drop" - how fun!
Post a Comment