Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"You Can Call Me Storm."

Chloe was Storm last Halloween. She loved it, and we think that's super cool. Recently, she's been wearing that costume every chance she gets. That's dedication too, because it's difficult to get in and out of, which must be done every time she goes to the bathroom, has dinner, (she doesn't want to get it dirty) or goes to bed (that cape, yikes!) I thought little girls were supposed to just like princesses... well she has done that too. But what can I say. She's a cool chick. I should see if there's another heroin costume I can make modest. She very much wanted to wear her Super Girl costume... It took some convincing to get her to realize it's too small. She was a year old here.
The other day, she was pretending it was halloween. She tried every way possible to convince Everett to dress up in his too small teddy bear costume. He loves his big sister and is usually eager to play whatever she wants, but he wasn't having that one. I love to see the kids play, problem solving, compromising, their imaginations at work. And I love seeing a Superman or Batman at Walmart. It makes me smile, both at the child and the mom. Though she hasn't gone that far with it yet, I'd totally let her. It's fun.

4 comments:

Leighanna said...

Good for her and you! I have totally taken William to the grocery store with his Buzz Lightyear costume!! I'm not one to let him do it often, but once and a while is cool. Let kids be kids!!!

Dana said...

You should totally let her!!! She is just adorable in it. Those kids are just precious!!!

Lisa Brown said...

That is so fun! Lily is more a "super-hero" than princess girl as well, but since she doesn't have the costume, she has us pin a towel on as a cape instead.

Porritt said...

Carla,

Hey what part of NC do you live in? Tim is thinking of applying for a job in Cary, NC. I wondered if you knew anything about it. Please let me know what you think.

Angela Porritt