Disclaimer: Lots of poop talk here, the long version of the story too.
He suggested that it might be a fructose intolerance and assigned me to collect some poop so he could run the other tests (ah the joys of motherhood: ) But Everett immediately came down with some weird bug where they only throw up once at night have the runs and it's over... at least that's how it happened with Chloe... both times. He threw up again the next night... he skipped two nights and then thew up again. Bazaar right? He'd act just fine all day, with the runs all the while. The poor guy has been hurting SO badly for about a week and a half. All 6 poopy diapers per day were pure torture. Chad and I tried every cream, every prayer... Finally, he had an allergic reaction one night on his shoulders. We decided that must be the problem even though his diet has been more than typical, dull even. We've cut out EVERYTHING we think could be causing it including fructose and tomatoes which he loves. He's doing better today... much better in fact. So when he's healed we'll start adding things back in slowly to try and pinpoint whatever it is that he has suddenly become allergic to; I guess the virus was the catalyst? Is that possible? I think anything is possible with allergies. Eugh, that boys bowels are a nightmare! Hopefully when we get a handle on that, maybe we can figure out why they're not maturing... though I'm afraid I'll eventually just have to accept that "this may just be normal for him." We're also going to get an allergy test done on him.
5 comments:
Man our families are so riddeled with allergies its just crazy. Emma is going to see an allergist tomorrow. She has just been miserable since I stopped giving her the zyrtec. I hope you figure out what is going on with him. Poor little guy.
I have to get a stool sample for Spencer too. Not fun. We're seeing a GI and we're about to add Allergist to our long list of specialist. I so know what you're going through. If you need to talk to someone call me :D.
Have they checked him for Celiac Disease? A friend of mine's little boy has it and it seems to sound similiar to what Everett is going through. Poor boy and parents!
~Sarah
Yeah, ciliac was the first test done, the blood test. Negative. Thanks though. I'm willing to look into any explanation. though I'm starting to think it all boils down to a series of food allergies.
Poor Everett! We really miss him in nursery.
Post a Comment