Sunday, March 7, 2010

Unpacked Treasures


This is Joe. We got him on our trip to Nauvoo just before Chloe's first birthday. It was a lovely trip with good friends and my in-laws. The trip brought a spiritual high into our family that was unexpected and welcome. One of my most cherished spiritual experiences occurred on that trip, and we just had a lot of fun. Fond memories. When my mother-in-law bought this souvenir for Chloe, I thought, "ok something else she'll never play with." She wasn't much of a snuggler. As it turned out, she loved Joe. They were pals. She loved to bite his nose and teeth on it. She'd crinkle her nose and go to town. I tried to find a picture of her doing it. Despite the gazillion I took of her first year, somehow I missed that one. I guess I assumed they'd always be pals. But as friends do, they slowly grew apart. Eventually he got packed away for our 18 month vagrant life and was forgotten. He was one of the many treasures we found when unpacking and he now proudly sits on Chad's bookshelf, reminding us of one of our most treasured family trips.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Cute little memento for such a wonderful memory!!!

Beth said...

Your husband's bookshelf looks like my husband's bookshelf. I bet I could go in Dana's room and find those exact books...