Here are some of the projects I've done in the past month or so: I finally finished the display in my bedroom using shells and other nature finds from beaches that carry fond memories: Charleston and Virgin Gorda. (It just looks off kilter b/c I didn't take the picture from straight on.) These pictures are: the kids playing together in my mom's pond, the Disney cruise ship from our Sept. trip to the Carribbean, (I'm done trying to spell that right!) and there's Chad surfing in Charleston when we were still young honeymooners.
Here I bought a $2 piece of rough pine and built a frame for the tiles I got in Mexico, uncertain of what exactly I'd do with them at the time. And I think these two plates are the only things displayed in my house that have no meaning or sentimental value.
We've done some major family shopping in the past month too. We got the kids a trampoline. I think Daddy has as much fun as them though. I don't like jumping, but it's way fun to watch and listen to them. They have so much fun! Totally worth the battle wound I got putting it together. It's funny; I have no problem with power tools, but the big metal pole is what gets me.
... and of course a weed eater. Fun.
A new TV. No more squinting and leaning forward to see what's happening on the tiny TV. I love it! We are also now able to move the couch back to allow more space in the living room area. The mammoth up stairs has been trying to crap out on us and just did, so... the little one will go up there.
And my new dryer.
5 comments:
We've been getting a bunch of projects done too! We hung our TV and ran the cords through the wall, changed some light switches and are still busy on the baby's room! I am trying to get it done before Charlie arrives - because Reid won't have any time once grad school starts! :) Nice job on the frame with the tiles!
Just so you know, it took me a good solid couple of minutes searching all over that picture for where the dryer was...and then I got it.
Oh this pregnancy is zapping my braincells...
AHHHH the good old days off gathering laundry from the line at GRandma's I never remember helping to put them out but I remember helping to take them down. Chad shouldn't be making fun of anyone if he got the tv first. I'll tell ya. I think we need an extra little allowance for moving. Anytime we have moved something always happens to at least one big appliance that we need to replace shortly after spending all the money to move it. I didn't think I liked the tiles at first but its the memory behind them that makes them so beautiful I think. You are so talented and anything you touch turns to gold!!!
WASN'T THAT OUR WASHER AND DRYER? WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO THAT? ANYWAY, I LOVE THE BIG TV AND OF COURSE WHATEVER YOU TOUCH TURNS TO GOLD SO BIG SUPRISE THAT YOU HAVE TURNED THAT LAMP INTO SOMETHING CUTE. I LOVE YOU AND WISH I COULD SEE YOUR PLACE.
Awesome new TV :). And I am glad that that Everett seems to be doing better. I sure have missed him in nursery.
Post a Comment